We are a small, rapidly growing and agile in-house tax team. We cover all aspects of taxation, including: VAT, corporate income tax, international taxation and transfer pricing, among others. We aim to be multidisciplinary business partners who adds value, acts with diligence and takes ownership of all tax-related aspects of the business. If you’re excited about supporting a fast growing and diverse business, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do?
- Work daily to keep documentation of SumUp up to date & correct.
- Prepare monthly calculations
- Review contracts with vendors, carry on headcount and cost centers analysis to ensure compliance
- End-to-end preparation of documentation, i.e. drafting master files, local files, etc.
- Independently follow up with accounting department to clarify accounting postings.
You’ll be great for this role if:
You possess strong tax knowledge
You have an equally strong accounting background – understanding accounting postings.
Your experience was gained during 3-4 years of practical working in the field.
- You have Economic / financial / accounting educational background with master’s degree in the same field.
- You also have very good understanding of the interactions between management accounting and statutory accounts.
- SAP, MS Excel, benchmark databases are tools you're experienced with.
- You are a self-driven, proactive problem solver with analytical thinking and attention to the detail.
- Self-accountable for the best quality result within their area of responsibility.
- You're hungry for knowledge.
Why you should join SumUp? - Perks & benefits
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You`ll get an additional health insurance, a subsidized Multisport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot Curie metro station and other great benefits.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working mode.
- 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp (max. 35)
- 10 days educational vacation.
We believe in the everyday hero. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.