At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges, freedom and ownership of a young startup, then Prisma might be the right place for you.
During the course of the past year our bottom-up OSS adoption strategy has started to produce very exciting results. We have seen highly encouraging levels of developer adoption and community growth, setting us on the path to become the dominant NodeJS ORM within 12 months.
We would like to continue to expand our OSS tools and we are looking for a Senior Engineer to join us in this pursuit.
What would you do at Prisma?
Below are some of the things you could expect to do as part of the Prisma team
Expand and improve the Core of the Prisma Query Engine and be part of creating a market-leading ORM in collaboration with our Open Source community
- Collaborate with a team of engaged engineers working on developing and improving Prisma Clients in multiple languages, such as Go and TypeScript
Use your knowledge of databases and system architecture to create solutions that work for developers at all experience levels, making it easy for them to get the best out of their data
Create well-tested and documented code that is easy to understand and contribute to by anyone in our community.
We believe the right candidate for this position will meet quite a few of the criteria below. If you don't fit the description perfectly, we'd still love to hear from you. A lot of these could also be learnt on the job:
2+ Years experience as a Senior Software Engineer or equivalent.
- Willing or eager to learn Rust (already knowing Rust is not a hard requirement)
- You can communicate fluently in English and can express your thoughts clearly in writing.
- You enjoy working closely with your peers and proactively seek to help others.
- You seek feedback early and often and a not afraid to ask for help
Less important criteria:
- You have experience with systems level programming.
- You have personally been responsible for a large system running on Kubernetes or similar modern cloud environments.
- You have experience writing performant server code for demanding scalability requirements.
- You appreciate the value of planning and task estimation.
- Experience building developer tools.
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
... have an ownership mindset. As part of a young startup, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest growing open-source tools.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants.
24 Days paid vacation per year.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
Ergonomic Chair subsidy
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
To ensure effective collaboration we can currently only accept candidates within the timezone GMT -5 to GMT +3.
Note on COVID-19: The above opportunity to move to Berlin is temporarily suspended until we believe that travel is safe again.
What is our hiring process like?
Introductory Call with someone from the Talent Acquisition team.
First Interview with the Engineering Manager
Second Interview with the Technical Lead
Take Home Challenge with compensation
Debrief: Take Home Challenge with Engineering Manager and Technical Lead
Final Interview with the Head of Engineering
The above serves as a basic outline, we might choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
If you believe that this is the right position for you then please send your resume along with any supporting documentation or information to us via the link provided on this page. We typically respond within 7 business days.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.