You’ll be working in our cross-functional squads in the Merchant Acquisition Tribe, whose goal is to develop market-facing features, powering our marketing website, our online shop and partner portal, as well as our global logistics fulfilment solution. The squads are highly autonomous and we empower every member to have a significant impact on feature design, prioritization and delivery.
As a senior engineer, you will be taking ownership over what you build: from concept to creation, testing, deployment, monitoring and maintenance. You will be involved in designing and planning features as well as advocating for removing tech debt, fixing bugs and making iterative improvements and cleaning up some pieces of legacy code.
What you’ll do
- Work in an agile, cross-functional team to ship code on a daily basis
- Develop new features and components using Golang
- Work on the entire stack, from CI/CD tooling, to test automation, building features, running experiments, and monitoring and production support.
- Collaborate with product and design departments to build maintainable, usable, and beautiful features.
- Push projects forward while validating and communicating your ideas with the team
- Work with less experienced engineers in mentoring/coaching relationships
- Help us continue to develop our open-source projects and culture
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have a strong programming foundation and experience in a typed language.
- You either have experience in Go, or are willing to invest in learning it on the job.
- You have experience with relational databases.
- You are passionate about software design, and enjoy levelling up your colleagues in it.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it frameworks, languages, or processes.
- Your precise communication skills make working with you effective and efficient
- You’re fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- You’ll attend annual hackathons.
- Dedicated time for side-projects.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.