At CLARK we believe that the significant things in life should be simple. With this vision in mind, we have set out to create an application which makes it easier, simpler, and faster for consumers to manage their insurances - all in one central place where changes can be done with just a few clicks. Our secret sauce is to combine a best-in-industry user experience with honest and independent advice from insurance experts.
Since our founding in 2015, we have served over 250,000 satisfied customers. We are extremely proud of our 200 employees from over 40 nations, working from our offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Vienna and Püttlingen. We were recognized by the German tech magazine Gründerszene as the fastest growing technology company in Germany for 2019. We want your help to get us to the next level.
What you will be doing
Playing a central role in the design and development of our backend system and architecture.
Contributing actively to product management and influencing our features right from the start.
Lifting the intelligence of our robo advisor and the efficiency of our insurance operations team.
Interacting closely with colleagues who use your software to service our customers.
Conceptualising and delivering features on a platform that will soon serve > 500,000 customers.
Who you are
A problem solver: You love solving problems and approach obstacles in a logical and pragmatic manner.
An agile thinker: To put it more you have a positive attitude, willingness to fail, and thirst for knowledge.
A team player: You, even being an individual contributor, think about team goals and help achieve them.
What you ideally have
- A degree in a related field and more than 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- A good grasp of Ruby and the rails framework and you bring 2 years of experience within this domain.
- The modern software architecture and software design principles are nothing new to you.
- You have a sound knowledge of cloud infrastructure and continuous deployment.
- Master at handling SQL and Relational databases.
Everyone offers perks like free coffee, free drinks, flat hierarchies. We offer you all that but more in the shape of:
- A multicultural environment with international colleagues.
- Subsidized job ticket and a company pension.
- A lot of freedom: You want to pursue further education? An MBA was always a dream of yours? We offer you support for your education while working with us.
- Support for relocation - and we don't mean only a work permit. The process of getting you here and the costs associated with it are all supported.
- Fear of not speaking the language? We offer beginner and advanced German and English classes in house.
- Want to inspire and share knowledge? We have you covered with our weekly Tech Brown Bag speech.
- And last but not least: Sure, we know how to celebrate success! We offer you quarterly company events, monthly team lunch & breakfast as well as our weekly Friday get together.
Sounds exciting? We agree, and we cannot wait to have your application!