At CLARK we believe that people deserve peace of mind. With that vision in mind, we set out on our mission. CLARK makes it easy to get properly insured. We created an app that makes it easier, simpler, and faster for consumers to manage their insurances - all in one central place where changes can be implemented with just a few clicks. Our secret sauce is to combine a best-in-industry user experience with honest and independent advice from insurance experts.
Since our founding in 2015, we have served almost half a million satisfied customers. Without our CLARKees, we could not have achieved our mission. We are extremely proud of our over 300 employees from over 40 nations, working from our offices in Berlin, Frankfurt, Püttlingen and Vienna. Fresh off our successful €69m in Series C funding backed by Top-Tier investors (Tencent and White Star capital among others) we want you to join us to be part of our success journey.
As our Senior BackEnd Engineer (m/f/x), you will be
Playing a central role in the design and development of our backend system and architecture.
Contributing actively to product management and influencing our features right from the start.
Lifting the intelligence of our robo advisor and the efficiency of our insurance operations team.
Interacting closely with colleagues who use your software to service our customers.
Conceptualising and delivering features on a platform that will soon serve > 500,000 customers.
What we look for
A problem solver: You love solving problems and approach obstacles in a logical and pragmatic manner.
An agile thinker: To put it more you have a positive attitude, willingness to fail, and thirst for knowledge.
A team player: You, even being an individual contributor, think about team goals and help achieve them.
What you ideally have
- A degree in a related field and more than 4 years of experience in software engineering.
- A good grasp of Ruby and the rails framework and you bring 2 years of experience within this domain.
- The modern software architecture and software design principles are nothing new to you.
- You have a sound knowledge of cloud infrastructure and continuous deployment.
- Master at handling SQL and Relational databases.
- we encourage and support your proactive initiatives, strong contributions and relevant ideas
- we support you if a relocation is necessary
- want to inspire and share knowledge? We have you covered with our weekly Tech Brown Bag speech
- we offer German language courses - both beginner and advanced
- you get mobile working options including flexible working hours
- you participate in culture initiatives e.g. team events, monday morning check-ins and with receding pandemic threat, hopefully soon, our monthly team lunch & breakfast, friday events and much more
At CLARK we embrace diversity.
We are creating the ideal work environment for dedicated and talented people, no matter their ethnicity, identity, religion and age - we aim at giving everybody the same chances and opportunities.
Sounds exciting? You have no idea! We’re looking forward to reading your application.