Friendsurance has with international acknowledgement pioneered and inspired global trends in Insurtech since 2010.
As the inventor of peer-to-peer insurance, Friendsurance developed the claims-free bonus. With the new brand Friendsurance Business, we are pioneering another mission: the digitisation of insurance services for banks or insurance companies and their customers. Through partnerships with leading banks and insurance companies like Deutsche Bank and R+V, we make a smart home for insurance available directly in these partners digital solutions. Through our sophisticated, scalable and modular insurance platform we aim to make insurance more customer friendly.
We are over 100 team members from more than 20 nations working from our head quarter in Berlin and from other external bases. We take pride in our agile culture. We have been part of Berlin's top employer and office ratings for several years.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer - Ruby (m/f/d), who is not only confident dealing with industry adopted technologies and Software Design approaches, but able to look into emerging technologies and architecture patterns. The main focus of this role is Ruby development, but Java will also be part of your day. This is a full time job with significant responsibility, joining us in our office in Berlin.
Our Technologies, Tools, and Processes
- Ruby on Rails
- Java, Spring, Hibernate
- TypeScript, ReactJS, Redux, SASS
- Testing: Selenium, Serenity, JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Mocha
- Build and Deploy: Jenkins, git, npm, Maven, RubyGems, Docker
- Infrastructure: AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform, Apache, Tomcat, Microservices, K8s
- Agile Process: Kanban, Scrum, standups, grooming, retrospectives, demos
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- You are a key member in one of the cross-functional technical teams responsible for Friendsurance’s main product developments on our platform or with partners. Your shared team goal is always to develop high quality code and build great products which satisfy customer demands
- It is important for you to design and build highly scalable systems keeping in mind redundancy, performance and availability
- Reviewing test cases, designs, and code developed by other team members is part of your day
- In your role you work closely not only with your fellow team members including the product owner and other technical teams, but also the business development and strategic project team
- You take pride in your deep knowledge within the technologies, tools and processes mentioned above - in particular Ruby on Rails and Java
- People praise you for your knowledge of relational data models and cloud based architectures
- QA is for you a team responsibility and are confident in your code because you write automated tests
- Sharing knowledge within the team is a pleasure for you
- You are an experienced agile product development practitioner
- Working in English has been part of your work since years
- Be part of a pioneering team fearless of change
- Go to work in a place where high level of qualifications and soft skills are equally cherished
- Work in an agile environment
- Experience flexibility when you need it
- Have your personal development plan
- Move forward with cutting edge innovative technologies
- Go home with attractive salary and perspectives
- Work in a fast-moving team that feels like family
- For this position we will provide support for the visa-process and a relocation budget
For further questions, please contact Manuel Diez Gaspard at email@example.com. We are looking forward to your application!