Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
Personio is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a strong background in database technologies along with problem-solving skills fueled by a desire to design, build, and scale the infrastructure of one of Germany’s fastest-growing SaaS startups.
In this role you will build an automated, secure, reliable, and cost-efficient platform that enables innovation and easy access to solutions for engineers to focus on feature development.
The SRE team offers services, tools, and coaching to the product engineers in a self-service way in order to allow them to have full ownership of their applications and infrastructure. Due to the sensitivity of the data we host we adhere to the highest data protection requirements. We strive to further build a state of the art and least-maintenance infrastructure to fulfill our customers’ needs.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- monitor, maintain, and apply best-practices for the underlying platform infrastructure
- write public and accessible documentation and organize training for a good customer experience regarding the services we manage
- support running the Personio applications from an SRE perspective while striving for automation of recurring tasks
- support product engineers and platform engineers with all the knowledge you have
- provide engineers with tools required to build and run their services
- aim for a cost-efficient infrastructure and work with product teams to optimize the costs
- proactively engage in shaping the future product and platform architecture
What you need to succeed
- 4+ years production experience with AWS
- Experience in fast-scaling SaaS environment
- Administrating production databases with replication and heavy loads
- Production experience with Docker
- Infrastructure as code experience & container orchestration experience with Kubernetes
- Proven experience with microservice architecture and tooling
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools
- Experience with best practices in software engineering
- Confidence in coaching and onboarding team members and driving cross-team engineering initiatives
- Excellent English language skills (level C1/C2)
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date).
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to benefit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares).
- An inclusive, equal opportunity & multicultural work environment.
- 1,500 Euro annual development budget for attending conferences or courses, buying books, getting a coach etc.
- A high-impact work environment and short decision-making processes.
- Fun team & company events.
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket.
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- Relocation support, 28 paid vacation days and opportunity to work from home on a regular basis. During Corona times you decide whether you prefer to work from home or come to our stylish and open office in the heart of Munich (in alignment with local regulations).