About the opportunity
We are seeking a passionate Senior Network Engineer to join the NOC team and support building the most innovative and secure network for the most futuristic bank ever.
As part of the NOC team, you will be helping N26 employees to work in an efficient and secure environment. As the corporate network team, we are responsible for all connections to/from the Internet, as well as connection within & inside our offices. We are also expanding our network to WFH connections and improving our site-to-site global network.
In this role, you will:
- Have fun doing network engineering. If you like networks, you’ll love being part of this team.
- Work with the rest of the NOC team on the N26 corporate network using Cisco Meraki firewalls, switches and access points.
- Support the IIT team with network issues and projects.
- Work on network projects and topics related to network performance and security
- Design and Improve office network architecture as well as WAN network connectivity
- Configure and maintain routers, switches, firewalls and access points as well as other SDN and cloud solutions.
- Be part of security improvement projects such as Cisco Umbrella & Cisco ISE
- Be based on one of N26 offices but also responsible for global network projects & supporting on-site infrastructure engineers and technicians for maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Mentor Junior network engineers and IT teams.
- Work on audit requirements, Processes & IT controls and documentation related to corporate network
What you need to be successful:
- Attention to detail and strong ability to detect and act on network issues and incidents quickly
- Be able to setup and maintain network devices in an efficient and secure manner
- Be able to monitor network regularly and act based on the Alerts received
- Self-motivated & pro-active network engineer
- Be able to check updates available for network devices, plan maintenance and update strategies
- Be able to identify needs, communicate, start projects and perform changes with minimal to zero supervision.
- Great at documenting projects & processes as well as micro-documentation of tasks being done in the team.
- At least 5 years of experience as a network engineer
- Experience with network design in LAN & WAN.
- Extensive knowledge & hands-on experience in LAN & WAN, 2-Tier & 3-Tier design
- Extensive knowledge & experience with all dynamic routing protocols, as well as MPLS, VPLS, VRF, IPsec
- Extensive knowledge of network security on Layer2 & Layer3 such as SGT, port-security, access control as well as firewalling, security zones & zone-sets, firewall rules, IDS/IPS, WIDS and more
- Knowledge & experience of wireless RF design, troubleshooting and security.
- Scripting & automation skills, implementing IaC using Ansible, Puppet or terraform is needed.
- Hand-on experience of configuring and maintaining Cisco ISE or other NAC solutions
- Cisco DNA center & Cisco Prime is not needed but a plus
- Cisco Umbrella experience is a plus
- CCNP/CCIE Qualifications, having certification is a plus
- Ability to travel to other locations for installation and support might be required
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.