At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated distributed team, working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
As our first Product Marketing hire and the head of this function, we are looking for a candidate to take on a crucial role at Prisma and act as the sole expert in this area.
In this external facing role, you will build up the Product Marketing function by having both strategic and hands-on responsibilities towards our Open Source, free and commercial offerings, with the aim of defining and executing on user acquisition and revenue generation strategies.
Product Marketing Strategy and Execution: Responsibility for the overall development and execution and strategy of Product Marketing at Prisma with a direct line to the CEO.
Audience & Positioning: Perform and coordinate research on the market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop an effective product positioning strategy.
- Pricing Strategy: Laying out strategy for Prisma commercial offerings by supporting the team in designing an effective pricing strategy, adapted to our core value proposition and vision.
Demand generation and impact measurement: Define a user acquisition strategy, along with systematic ways to measure the effectiveness of launches and content marketing efforts.
Executing user acquisition strategy: and operational marketing plan to deliver on business targets.
Leading launches: Work with Product and Engineering teams to define product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and coordinate high-impact features releases.
Storytelling: Creating a compelling narrative about Prisma and its product offerings to inspire and guide the developer relations team.
Management: Hire and run a team to support product marketing efforts as needed.
- 4+ **years experience working in Senior Product Marketing roles (as an Individual Contributor or Manager), preferably at a growing startup or established software company focused on developer tooling.
- Proven experience successfully selling and/or marketing SaaS, Open Source, or cloud based products.
- Technical understanding: you have a taste for technically-oriented products and the ability to dive deep and grow a good understanding of developer problems. Basic knowledge of SQL is not required, but nice to have.
- Data-driven: you can work and reason about data using various Analytics tools to make sense of numbers and translate those into actionable insights. We use Google Analytics, and Heap at Prisma.
- Proven track-record of success in partnering with Sales for common goals
- Exceptional communication skills: you get people excited around a common goal, and can effectively lead a cross-functional group of people to reach alignment. Remote working experience is a plus.
- Experience in crafting messages directed at individual developers, teams, and enterprises: you love nailing the right story, adapted to your target audience.
What's it like to work at Prisma?
You are likely to be a great for the team if you:
...have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
...stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
...be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest-growing open-source tools
- Work either remotely or in our office in Berlin, Germany. For the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are only hiring remote employees between the GMT-7 to GMT+3 timezones.
- Competitive compensation and employee stock options
- Generous tech budget to get you all the tools you need
- Twenty-four paid days off
- [US] Health, dental, vision + 401K matching.
What is the process like?
It is our intention to follow the process below for this position (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
- Introductory call with our People Operations person
- First Interview with the VP of Product
- Second Interview with the Head of Developer Relations
- Assignment (with compensation) followed by a debrief with a handful of people from the teams
- Final interview with the CEO
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your CV/LinkedIn page and portfolio URL. Portfolios that show your process, thinking and writing in addition to finished products are preferred. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.