About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to fuel the adoption of Contentful by global brands and digital enterprises. In this role, you will develop go-to-market strategies, launch marketing initiatives, work with Product on making the roadmap sing, support sales efforts, create collateral, dig into customer and marketing data, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You are expected to communicate with confidence and authority, enjoy creative work, operate autonomously, and work across departments and time zones.
What to expect?
- Lead product marketing efforts: help define the overall market narrative, construct target customer profiles, generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives, and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
- Support the sales team by researching and documenting typical customer use cases and proof points, target buyer profiles, and competitive battle cards and landmines
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to define product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and coordinate high-impact features releases
- Research key market and product data, conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments, their specific needs, and lifecycle stages
- Research the market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning strategy
- Set priorities for the content production backlog, drive changes to the marketing website, and ensure the availability of high-quality product collateral
What you need to be successful?
- A born storyteller. You have excellent communication skills and love nailing the story arc on stage, on calls, in decks, and on the website.
- A team builder who knows how to get multiple departments to play well together towards the same end goal.
- A production machine. You can build and design your own decks, stage, and Photoshop screenshots for the website or screencasts and aren't afraid to update that case study from two years ago with Illustrator. Yes, Design will come in and make it look amazing if required, but your work can stand on its own when we need to go fast.
- A creator, including copywriting, campaign ideas, and working with design and web development teams.
- A data sleuth. You can pull data from Salesforce, Google, and Looker, and wrangle it the last mile with a pivot table, to identify important trends about customers and prospects to guide sales and marketing efforts.
- Decisive and autonomous; with a globally distributed team, sometimes you just need to make the call and go for it, when you can’t wait for the sun to rise for other stakeholders.
- Technically oriented to the point you understand APIs and developer platforms, and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Marketer, and experience working directly alongside a PMM team in related roles: sales enablement, partner marketing, customer marketing, B2B direct marketing, etc. You have a Product Marketing playbook to share.
A successful track record of supporting an enterprise sales team with collateral (decks, one pagers, battle cards, etc.), training, and individual deal support. When a rep needs the big guns, they call you.
- Bonus: Experience using, building, marketing, or selling (1) Developer Platforms or (2) MarTech tools. You can help our customers understand how to use Contentful to increase their development velocity and its impact on revenue and cost reductions, or (2) increasing conversion rates and driving ROI.
- Bonus: Experience working for a fast-growing, venture-funded B2B SaaS software company. This isn’t the first time you’ve built a plane while it’s flying.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees' health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $130,000-$145,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.