About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced product manager to join the Assistance team with a passion for addressing customer needs, a desire to develop innovative products, and an innate interest in financial technology.
The Assistance team is located in our Berlin office, which is the global hub for all of our business.
Timing wise you are joining at a pivotal moment during which we are redefining our payments strategy to achieve scale and grow revenue inline with our growing global footprint.
- As a Sr. Product Manager in the Platform Group, you will help drive the success of N26’s card issuing platform by building the products that people love to interact with.
- You will partner with stakeholders across N26 to build the product strategy and long term roadmaps.
- You will work with other product managers, designers and engineers across the organization to execute this vision.
- The ideal candidate will be able to build a holistic view of the challenges and opportunities for our cards and digital wallet products, and then develop solutions that empower our customers to make payments easily and secure.
- As a key participant for your product area, you will lead new initiatives by collaborating extensively with customers, partners, internal N26 teams and 3rd party vendors.
In this role, you will:
- Create and manage product strategies, roadmaps, and project plans
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on product development during the ideation and discovery phases to assess value, scope of effort, usability, and priority of features
- Monitor market trends and evaluate how new features best fit into a roadmap
- Create and prioritize detailed product requirements to be used in written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases
- Deliver customer value iteratively, managing products through sprint planning, launch phases, and follow-on releases
- Ensure product rollouts are delivered successfully by working cross-functionally with local market teams, marketing, operations, compliance, and engineering.
- Work with engineers to design and develop key system infrastructure that work across internal services and 3rd-party providers
- Communicate roadmap and prioritization and scope trade off decisions to key stakeholders.
- Develop qualitative and quantitative metrics to help your team measure progress and success.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, training, and tools for a strong go-to-market and customer support plan.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of product management having worked on digital-first card propositions, previous experience in banking or FinTech are a plus
- A strong background in payments
- STEM, business, economics undergraduate. MBA, MS or equivalent a plus
- Experience building applications for internal or external users
- Experience in operations improvements, shipping products that create efficiencies for internal teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional at verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of agile product development and delivery
- Track record of success in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple competing priorities
- Passionate about building great user experiences
- Excellent technical acumen, curiosity, and familiarity with new technologies, API’s, programming languages, and databases
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.