Senior Product Designer
sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Carrier & Driver Business Area. The role is based out of the Berlin office and will report to our VP of Product. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
As a senior product designer you will help us improve the experience for our Carriers & Drivers (C&D), who use our platform to join sennder, find their best work, execute their jobs well, get paid and ultimately, make their business more successful. C&D sits within the tech organisation as one of the pillars in delivering a truly disruptive 2-sided marketplace.
You’ll lead design for a product Group, such as Discovery & Planning. This includes driving the future vision of this area, making sure it compliments a cohesive overall sennder experience, and delivering on incremental steps to help the team head in this direction.
sennder is Europe’s digital freight forwarder at the intersection of where technology meets logistics. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
You can be part of one of Europe’s latest growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
In this role you will:
- Work with cross-functional product squads and be responsible for all design artefacts produced; from initial discovery and user journey mapping through to the execution of final UI design details.
- Invest in understanding the customers you’re designing for. Whether it’s joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports or running your own lightweight research and analysis, you’ll strive to understand the what, why and how of the problems you’re solving to ensure we don’t just ship the thing right, but we ship the right thing.
- Collaborate regularly using good communication, documentation and facilitation skills, working closely with PMs, Engineers, Data scientists and User researchers to make sure your team are involved throughout the design process.
- Deliver (and advocate for) polished, intuitive and accessible user experiences. You’re pragmatic and able to balance the ideal experience with knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints, experimentation strategy or business risk.
- Design is a small but important part of the team at sennder. You’ll be involved in improving our community of practice, from improving our skills to leading rituals to giving great feedback to mentoring or coaching other designers.
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
Preferably you are:
- Experienced in designing successful experiences over several years that solve customer problems
- Passionate about good design and understand that it is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned design decisions, always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- Detail oriented, critical thinker, problem solver and customer-centered
- Strong in UX, interaction, and visual design skills
- Bringing with you a portfolio with functional web UI and visual designs across desktop and mobile devices
- Experienced in strong wireframing/prototyping skills
- Experienced at conducting research/partnering with user researchers
- Experienced at partnering with engineers to release features, products, and/or services
- Experienced in programs such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, and prototyping tools.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
What you can expect:
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working
At sennder we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.