Our team of 70+ designers and user researchers is split into three departments covering User Experience Research, Product- and Brand Design. All designers work embedded in product tribes, in market facing teams or as part of a Global Design team. We are building additional capabilities in areas including industrial design, motion design, data visualization, UX writing and design operations.
As Senior Product Designer you will be joining one of our cross-functional teams and collaborate closely to create simple yet beautiful solutions that cater to our merchant's real-life problems. You will become an expert in your specific domain, turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality. Your empathic thought process and research skills will help you understand the users' problems and make sure we're delivering the right products and features.
- You have 6+ years of experience as a UX & UI Designer, with deep expertise in one and strong skills in the other.
- You know the common design tools and services (we mainly use Figma)
- Your design process follows a human-centered approach and you apply both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to validate your solutions
- You execute across all phases of design work: participate in research, define conceptual foundation for design solutions, execute excellent UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, create production ready designs, participate or conduct usability testing and support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation.
- You work independently on complex set of features, collaborate with product management and engineering to arrive at optimal solutions, and coordinate across teams to create a holistic merchant experience
- You proactively engage with your design chapter and peers to get feedback and optimize the end-2-end customer journey
- You have designed and shipped complex web and mobile applications across the entire product development cycle
- You contribute best-of-class design components and UX patterns to the global design system and commit to upholding the highest standards and a shared vision
- Your excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills will help you communicate the value of design and design rational across the whole company
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- BA or MA in Design or related fields, or complementary studies with deep work experience in product design
- Be part of a welcoming and international community of 2000+ people from over 50 nationalities across 12 global offices. We get together regularly for breakfast, brunches, cocktail nights and office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- BVG Corporate Ticket
- Regular knowledge sharing and discussion session for the whole design team
- Football, Bouldering & Running teams
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Free German classes & Yoga classes
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, unlimited drinks & fruits
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.