Senior Privacy Specialist – LATAM DPO
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
About the team
As part of SumUp’s Global Privacy Team, you’ll be leading on SumUp’s LGPD requirements, by taking ownership of ongoing data protection operational compliance tasks and assessing data-processing activities. You will be an integral part of a dynamic and fast-growing environment, working with smart, creative people and innovative technology. You’ll be based in Sao Paolo and will be part of our global Privacy Team, reporting to the Global Head of Privacy.
What you’ll do
- Lead SumUp’s LGPD compliance program implementation.
- Act as the point of contact for key business and product teams across LATAM, to ensure privacy compliance is embedded into projects from the beginning.
- Review and negotiate privacy-related contracts, agreements, and other business clauses.
- Provide clear, practical and pragmatic advice on the implementation and impact of the LGPD and other LATAM privacy laws for business and product teams.
- Lead development of key projects within SumUp’s global privacy program.
- Maintain and update the record of processing activities (ROPAs) and data mapping.
- Ensure data subject rights requests are handled in a timely and effective manner.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have an educational background in Law, Information Security or another area related to data protection.
- You have prior experience working in a privacy role.
- You have great communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- You have a strong understanding of the intricacies of the LGPD and are able to translate LGPD and other privacy requirements into business language and communicate effectively and confidently across various teams and levels of seniority.
- You understand privacy laws and issues related to payments, lending or related financial services.
- You can develop innovative and business-minded solutions to complex legal questions.
- You have good analytical skills, including the ability to assess risk and impact from a privacy perspective.
- You know how to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You are proactive, flexible, and a good team-player with excellent people skills.
- IAPP or similar privacy certificates is a big plus.
Why SumUp? - Key Benefits
- We’re a truly global team of 2700+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents, so you’ll be part of a close, diverse and welcoming community.
- We have a training budget for advancing your career with any relevant desired qualifications.
- You’ll be based in the heart of São Paulo, one of LATAM’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
- An amazing team and work environment, working with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results;
- Food vouchers;
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Private Pension program.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.