Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RolePersonio was founded in 2015 and its mission is to enable better organisations. We simplify and automate recruiting, payroll and human resource management software (all-in-one) for small to medium-sized businesses. Our HQ is in Munich and we have additional offices in Madrid, London and most recently Dublin. Globally we are home to 600 employees and 3,000 customers. In January 2021 we raised $125 million in ‘Series D’ funding, led by Index and Meritech. We’re rated 4.6/5 on Glassdoor to work for, with a 100% CEO favourability and 95% would recommend a friend to work here. We are listed by CB Insights as one of ‘50 Future Unicorns’ to watch and by GP Bullhound in their ‘Titans of Tech’ report as one of the most promising European technology companies to watch. In 2021 we will scale our Dublin office from circa 50 employees towards 200. Come join us!
Personio is looking for an experienced, high octane PR and Communications Manager to design and implement effective communication strategies, cultivate our relationships with media, engage our target audience, and build our European brand awareness. As a Senior PR & Communications leader, you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing strategic communication plans that promote Personio’s brand and reputation, while scaling the team for long-term success. You’ll work closely with other marketing teams to ensure brand consistency in all marketing programs, and serve as a key media contact for the business.
You’ll act as a leader, evangelist, and collaborator within Personio to continuously improve the effectiveness of our PR and Communications strategy across Europe. Ultimately, you will promote and maintain a positive image of our company, and play a pivotal role in establishing Personio as the leading HR solution for SMEs in Europe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Defining a creative, ambitious, and scalable communications strategy supported by engaging business messages that appeal to media outlets, potential customers and partners, and investors
- Prioritising media opportunities and coordinating with appropriate persons in preparing presentations, speeches, talking points, and other external media relations materials
- Organising interviews, briefings, and press releases to promote our company and its products/services across Europe, and monitoring the impact of PR and Comms activities
- Actively cultivating and maintaining relationships with media and influential professionals to ensure favourable coverage of key programs, events, and public announcements
- Maximising brand presence and share of voice in business media while ensuring brand consistency across all channels and campaigns
- Coaching and briefing internal stakeholders and spokespersons to ensure a consistent and engaging message to the market
- Managing the PR and Comms budget, setting measurable objectives for the team, acting as a coach and mentor to the team, and promoting the visibility of key PR initiatives within the company
- Managing sensitive issues and situations to ensure appropriate timing for key communications while maintaining the company's excellent reputation
What you need to succeed
- Previous experience in PR or a similar role at a high growth organisation, with a successful track record garnering positive media coverage in a competitive business market
- You have a proven record in developing and implementing a successful communications strategy for different markets, channels, and media platforms
- You demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, and have the confidence and seniority to serve as an advisor to the executive team and act as a company spokesperson
- You have an ability to foster positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external market influencers, and develop a mutually beneficial media network
- You think strategically and are highly structured in delivery, able to manage multiple stakeholders and work streams to drive successful outcomes
- Fluency in English (German or Spanish would also be an advantage)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and pre-IPO equity)
- We love what we do, but we are still happy to enjoy 26 days of paid holidays + 2 days off for Christmas and New Years
- We enjoy becoming better day by day, that is why you will receive €1,500 of development budget every year
- We have fun! Join us for regular team events, e.g. Oktoberfest, summer event, skiing trip and online events in lieu of Covid-19 restrictions
- We focus on results rather than schedules - we offer Flexibility and Remote-working
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme fully covered for each permanent employee
- Pension scheme, up to 5% matching contribution
- Corporate benefits - a range of employee discounts for different brands so you can save money while shopping (e.g. Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.)
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!