At SumUp our vision is to be a global leader in the FinTech industry and build a world where small businesses can be successful doing what they love. To get there, we are putting together a team that is passionate about what they do, committed to one another and to our merchants.
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
As part of the People team you will be responsible for the global HR routines. Today the team is spread across our 3 main offices (Berlin, Sofia and São Paulo), but our work impacts all the 12 SumUp offices! The challenge is to have, at the same time, flexible and accurate processes that allow the company to grow fast with consistency.
You will also help us to take our people data reports to a new level, while ensuring that the employees information are always accurate. The SumUp innovation environment is also present in our routine. That means new challenges everyday to deliver the best experience for our employees.
Your key responsibilities:
- Partner with but not limited to the People Team functions (i.e. Compensation & Benefits, Talent Acquisition, People Partners, etc) strategically and operationally to collaborate on all sorts of initiatives / projects to ensure SumUp is the best place to work for our employees.
- Be proactive about all people operations topics and do a needs analysis.
- Maintain clarity & structure within the People Operations team. Constantly revisit roles and responsibilities to ensure transparency and clarity for the team.
- Own and be accountable for all people policies and processes.
- Be an expert for topics like data management, relocation, family matters, employment contracts, on-boarding, off-boarding, promotions, organisational changes, payroll, compliance, approvals, insurances, and other processes.
- Be able to lead by example and be a coach to the team. Be passionate about sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Be able to continuously strive for improvement and keep up with industry best practices.
- You are able to work with a number of stakeholders and communicate effectively.
- You have project management skills and have worked on company wide projects and implementation.
- Understanding of HRIS systems (Workday is a plus).
- You not only are comfortable but thrive working in a multicultural environment.
What you are bringing to the table:
- You are an excellent communicator with active listening and interpersonal skills
- You have extensive German Labour Law knowledge and experience working with German administration
You are speaking English on a native level and you are able to express yourself in German towards external providers
- You love working with people and care about great employee experiences
- You know how to prioritise to meet deadlines and know when to ask for support
- You have extensive experience working in People Operations areas
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment, where accuracy matters
What would make you successful at SumUp?
- Founders mentality (Sense of Purpose, Self-Drive, Decisiveness, Ownership)
- Care for People (Empathy, Humbleness, Transparency)
- Learning Mindset (Collaboration, Empowerment, Experimentation, Openness to feedback)
- Be authentic to yourself and add your own personality to our culture
- Have full autonomy (for real!) to propose, lead and implement changes that will up our game.
- You’ll have the freedom to drive your career, own projects and make an impact across the company.
- An amazing team and work environment, that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results.
- Be a part of a truly global team: SumUppers come from over 50 different countries around the world! (The People Team has over 90 members across 3 major locations: Berlin, Sao Paulo, Sofia).
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.