As a Senior People Development Partner, you’ll join the People Team of Europe which supports a growing population of 1100 SumUppers across 11 countries. You’ll be instrumental in enabling the growth of SumUp across the globe.
You’ll focus on leadership across Europe by identifying different populations' needs as well as those for the broader organisation, and curating and building programs and interventions to improve the effectiveness and unlock the potential of leadership culture at SumUp.
You’ll have creative freedom and an environment that facilitates your growth and have the chance to really make a difference for the business and own your domain.
What you’ll do
- Partner and build relationships with the People Partners (HRBPs) and leaders across Europe to understand the needs and strengths of leaders at all stages of leadership experience
- Based on diagnostics, you’ll build programs, interventions, resources, and create other experiences to improve the effectiveness of leaders across Europe and help create a cohesive leadership culture across Europe and globally
- Act as a consultant and partner to People Partners and leaders around team development and team dynamics – building and delivering team bespoke interventions where necessary
- Offer support and coaching to your fellow People Development team members
- Own and drive your domain and expertise in organisational leadership effectiveness – you’ll be asked to work on a multitude of different people development projects and initiatives
You will be great for this role if
- You have experience of building senior level stakeholder relationships across organisations and have leveraged those relationships to influence organisational change and practice.
- You have experience diagnosing, designing, and implementing initiatives to improve leadership and team effectiveness and performance from emerging leaders to senior leadership.
- You have experience facilitating in-person, virtually, and blended contexts.
- You have worked with external vendors to collaborate on projects and are comfortable negotiating and representing SumUp’s interests and needs with them.
- You have an agile approach and enjoy working in hierarchy-free, cross-functional teams.
- You’re passionate about continuous feedback and learning.
Why you should work at SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports (as much as the current situation permits - if we can’t see each other in person, why try to create some virtual quality time)
- You’ll receive a learning budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.