Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Joining our growing People team as our company scales rapidly, you will work both collaboratively and independently to make a real impact in setting up our People processes. Your passion for People means that you will have the opportunity to take ownership of People projects that will shape our business going forward. What’s more, you get to work with bright people who want to solve interesting problems. We are a hard-working, international, agile and feedback-oriented bunch, that enjoys interacting with one another in a cozy, respectful and welcoming environment.
In your role as our Senior People Business Partner, you will be a strategic partner to growing Product and Engineering departments on all HR related topics. You are fully dedicated to internal clients, their needs, and their duties. If you describe yourself as a team player who wants to make an impact shaping the business with fresh, new ideas, we really want to hear from you!
- Be the major point of contact for the employees and managers in the business unit
- Help to develop and implement better people management practices
- Drive organizational change within the defined business unit, supporting the implementation of this change and acting as a change agent / champion
- Provide comprehensive, accurate and fair information to all managers and employees on all People-related matters
- Measure and report on the performance of the business unit through the development and use of People metrics to drive transparency and accountability for People performance
- Support managers and employees with performance management. Provide advice and guidance on objective settings, promotions and career development
- Drive the implementation of global HR programs with the business unit such as employee engagement surveys and results and global L&D programs, with guidance from HR Director EMEA and VP People
- Build a valuable relationship between the People department and co-employees
- Facilitate requests and solutions to/from the business unit
- Provoke positive changes in the people management area, acting as the performance improvement driver
- Challenge the organizational structure of the internal client and propose changes
- Support managers in all labor law related topics
- Work closely with the rest of the People department to contribute and shape team projects
- 5+ years of experience working as an HR Business Partner, HR Generalist or other related discipline within HR
- Team player who can work independently and facilitate change
- You have excellent communication skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- You have a wide range of skills including negotiation, project management and change management
- You are someone with a strong business acumen
- Time management and juggling priorities is second nature to you
- You're analytical and great at problem-solving
- You possess German labor law knowledge. European labor law knowledge is a great plus
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Home office will be possible during certain periods
- Traveling and working between and from our Berlin and SF will be possible depending on project involvement
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!