As a Mobile Engineer (Android) in the Merchant Growth Tribe, you’ll play a key part in helping us build SumUp's product ecosystem. You’ll be part of a local, autonomous and cross-functional team that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution.
Within the Merchant Growth Tribe, we have several value streams including point of sale, online store, invoicing, accounting as well as platform teams supporting each stream; all aimed at helping our merchants to grow their business by selling their products to more customers. We are building an integrated ecosystem of products which merchants can seamlessly navigate throughout and benefit from being able to access all products within one powerful mobile app.
As a Mobile Engineer, you'll be responsible for building reliable, secure and easy-to-use features inside our mobile app that’s exposed to millions of users across the globe. You’ll empower merchants with a smooth, effortless and engaging commerce experience.
What you’ll do
- Work alongside our mobile engineering team, consisting of both iOS and Android developers as well as backend and web engineers.
- Build our point of sale, online store, invoicing or accounting products in our merchant app to help our merchants grow their business across Europe, USA and Latin America.
- Dive into the code to create clean components in our codebase, develop and refine features, write tests and keep performance tip-top.
- Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful.
- Help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
- Develop a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain as well as its implications in the interface and the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if
- You're comfortable with Java/Kotlin and the Android ecosystem and have 5+ years of development experience
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You know what to test, how to write flexible tests that won’t break and why to test it.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You know what MVP and MVVM are.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis!
You have great English communication skills
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll play a key role in a “startup” that in turn is part of a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, Copenhagen, Warsaw or Kiev where SumUp has dynamically growing offices
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact irrespective of your job description.
- You'll have the space to drive your career and take ownership of projects.
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, sports, and yoga.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a wealth of benefits in each of our locations such as free language classes, sport club membership, lunches and more.
At SumUp, we are working to empower small businesses across the globe by helping them to get paid and by automating their finances so that anyone with a great idea can start and run their own business.
You will be part of an independent, cross-functional team that will also include a Product Manager and a Product Designer focusing on a new area critical to helping small businesses get paid and be successful.
We value an entrepreneurial spirit, and we love to see when teams become champions of our customers so you will have the opportunity to participate and influence every part of the process from discovery, design to delivery.