About the opportunity
We are seeking a Compliance Regulatory (MaRisk-Compliance Function) - Senior Manager
In this role, you will:
Execute the Group-wide MaRisk-Compliance Function (according to BaFin MaRisk AT 4.4.2)
Enhance the Group-wide MaRisk Compliance Function by optimizing regulatory change management, risk assessment, and control testing processes within the respective workflow-tools
Develop, implement and execute a risk-based compliance training programme (including but not limited to training on ethical standards, conflicts of interest, anti-bribery and corruption).
Enhance the Group-wide MaRisk Compliance Function by optimising regulatory change management, risk assessment, and control testing processes within the respective workflow-tools
Enhance the Group-wide policy framework by design, alignment and roll-out of policies to multinational entities and maintenance of rolled out policies
Support with design, implementation, operationalisation and enhancement of the Group-wide compliance management system elements.
Act as interface and point of contact for e.g. Risk, Finance, People, Audit, Board Office and Legal related to Regulatory & Corporate Compliance enquiries and initiatives.
Support communication with national and international competent regulatory authorities.
Ensure alignment with business stakeholders (e.g. Product, Operations) and within Compliance.
Refine, communicate and feedback Compliance requirements or concerns to business stakeholders (Product, Operations).
Lead & own initiatives within the Regulatory & Corporate Compliance Roadmap.
Ensure strategic cohesion of Compliance strategy with N26 strategy.
Act as the supporting function to the management of the Compliance Roadmap by: (i) identifying risks, (ii) identifying stakeholders, (iii) removing dependencies, (iv) clarifying requirements, (iv) communicating capacity and time limitations.
Team lead and people management
- At least 8 years experience gained in the financial services industry or in consultancy with focus on advisory/audit on laws, regulations and rules that govern a CRR-credit institute with international footprint
- Master degree in law, economics or equivalent with strong knowledge of laws, regulations and rules that govern a CRR-credit institute with international footprint; postgraduate compliance training (e.g. Certified Compliance Professional) of benefit
- Strong knowledge of market standards on e.g. governance, internal-control systems, compliance management systems, compliance training requirements, regulatory management and policy frameworks
- Strong communication ability, e.g. with national and international competent regulatory authorities.
- First team lead experiences will be a plus.
- Ability to understand and interpret the following:
- Business interests as Compliance risk
- Compliance interests with business impacts
- Understanding of Bank's legal and regulatory obligations, at a European and local level.
- Desire of experience working in cross-functional teams with diverse incentives.
- Start-up compatibility, integrity, reliability, communication, proactivity, assertiveness and a hands on mentality
- Languages: English (C1) needed, German is a plus.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.