The Mobile Platform team’s mission is to build tools and provide frameworks for SumUp’s product squads allowing them to deliver multiple products to millions of small merchants around the world. The Mobile Platform team will work on a range of topics such as providing shared infrastructure in the form of session state handling, feature flags and identity services, introduce and maintain shared services such as push notifications, govern the ways in which multiple product teams can integrate and launch their features, as well as evolve the design system defining the way the various products are built. The team’s work spans across the whole SumUp product ecosystem giving you a unique insight into how a financial product for millions of merchants evolves. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from various SumUp offices and have a truly global impact.
We are looking for strong candidates that have an interest in helping us get there and building great products along the way. If you feel like one of these people, our office in Cologne is hiring for the position of Senior iOS Engineer
What you’ll do
You’ll shape the core experience of merchants who are using the iOS App on a daily basis.
- In your first few weeks, you'll dive into the code and learn how to create clean, composable components in our codebase. You'll use this knowledge to start developing and refining features. You'll learn how we write tests, how we manage bluetooth communication, and how we keep performance tip-top.
- In the first three months, you'll develop major features that impact our merchant base. You'll work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable, and beautiful. You'll help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as requirements evolve.
- By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way. You'll have launched numerous features in the iOS app as well as in the iOS SDK
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You’re comfortable with Objective-C and the iOS system frameworks.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of Swift.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You care about user interaction, usability and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You also know how to get things done on the command line.
- You aren’t afraid to ask for help or to use Google when something is beyond your grasp.
- Your precise communication skills make working in a distributed team effective and efficient.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis!
- The Mobile Team: You'll be with people who care about mutual learning, keeping our technical knowledge up-to-date, and discussing ideas that contribute to not only the company's success but keeping everyone well-rounded and hands-on.
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks
- We have a close, welcoming and international community. Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for sports, Karneval, and drinks.
- Convenient location in the heart of Cologne
- Urban Sports Club membership (subsidised)
- Semi-annual off-sites, where the tech teams from Berlin, Cologne, Sofia, and São Paulo gather together. In the past we've gone to Bulgaria and Greece and a castle in the German countryside
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- All the startup swag you expect: Xbox, unlimited drinks & fruits
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.