Blacklane is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help us migrate our apps to Kubernetes and support in maintaining, scaling, and monitoring our AWS infrastructure. As part of our infrastructure team, you will follow best practices like writing infrastructure as code, automating test and release processes, monitoring, and alerting.
You will help us kill a monolith by developing tools that make our developers’ lives easier when interacting with our CI/CD pipelines and our Kubernetes cluster. You will support them whenever they have infrastructure-related questions. Every two weeks, you will use your “research day” to try out new ideas and prototype new technologies.
Last but not least, you will be an active part of defining the team’s roadmap, reviewing pull requests, and engaging in pair or mob programming sessions whenever there’s something that requires more than one pair of eyes.
Our HQ is based in Berlin and we also have Tech Hubs in Spain, UK and Italy.
- You are proactive, curious, and a team player.
- You are familiar with DevSecOps and SRE approaches and practices.
- You craft solutions with simplicity and maintainability in mind.
- You have a clear understanding of networking, DNS, and proxies.
- You understand containers and are experienced in working with Kubernetes.
- You are familiar with Linux systems and Shell scripting.
You have experience with handling infrastructure via code and CI/CD.
You know how to monitor a server’s health and what metrics are important. You are familiar with security best practices in regards to servers or containers.
- You have some experience working with AWS services, such as load balancers, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudFront.
You have coding experience, ideally with Go or Python.
- You are willing to take and give honest feedback with respect and dedication.
- You are fluent in English.
Additional nice-to-have experience:
- Experience with Terraform and/or Ansible
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience with any of these CI/CD solutions: TravisCI, DroneCI, Gitlab, CircleCI, Jenkins
MORE THAN A JOB
A journey of learning: We believe that open, candid, constructive, and actionable feedback is the essential component of our continuous development and collaboration. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities and deep dives.
Peace of mind: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new standard with the current situation).
Become part of an inspired global crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners on our Freaky Fridays over a drink (virtual now)
We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options with our Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Blacklane provides outstanding ground travel experience worldwide. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 400 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us! Care is one of the values at the core of our culture and we welcome anyone who shares it.
Blacklane is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we are driven to develop a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Feel inspired? Then join us in solving the challenges of moving travelers around the world and support a thriving community of professional chauffeurs!