At SumUp our vision is to be a global leader in the FinTech industry and build a world putting together a team that is passionate about what they do, committed to one another and to our merchants.
As part of the Controlling team, you’ll play a key role in the financial reporting and accounting world of SumUp. Our team is based mainly in Sofia and consists of more than 30 people with a diverse and broad accounting and financial expertise. Together, we maintain the accounting records for all European companies of SumUp. If you’re excited about supporting a fast growing and diverse business, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Senior General Ledger Accountant to help with day-to-day accounting activities.
What you’ll do?
- Support the company and the group in due diligence projects;
- To control and analyze the financial information;
- To analyze the balance sheet, revenue and expenditure trends;
- To reconcile the bank and other GL accounts on a monthly basis as defined per SumUp policy;
- To follow up and resolve IC outages.
- To prepare and submit other reports related to the various tax requirements;
- To prepare and update tables (including trust accounts) and statistics for the National Statistical Institute;
- To provide regular reports to the management of the company and to strictly follow its instructions;
- To participate in discussions and workshops;
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have a Master’s degree in Accounting or equivalent;
- Your experience in the field is a minimum of 3 years;
- Ability to develop and maintain high level of knowledge and understanding of the financial environment;
- You are focus-oriented;
- Working proficiency in English
- Responsiveness and diligence are your main traits;
- You have strong time management and organizational skills, ability to priorities own tasks as well as the tasks of subordinate employees;
- Your working style is target driven with ability to remain focused on goals even when working under pressure and maintaining effective work despite challenges;
- You possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
- You are a strong team player and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels;
- Also, you are methodical and detail conscious with high standards of punctuality and discipline;
- You have strong analysis and problem solving abilities. You weigh up options and produce practical and workable solutions.
Why you should join SumUp? - Perks & benefits:
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You'll get additional health insurance, a subsidized Multisport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot-Curie metro station and other great benefits.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp (max. 35)
- 10 days educational vacation
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.