As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll join the Onsite Tracking team, which is at the core of enabling SumUp to be a data-driven company. As the team is still forming, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact shaping the team’s future.
You’ll be the technical owner of SumUp’s open-source tracking and page performance libraries, ensuring that onsite data is collected, processed and then provided consistently and largely automated.
What you’ll do
- Take over the technical ownership and development of SumUp’s open-source tracking and page performance measurement libraries
- Collaborate with engineering teams to further shape our open source libraries
Discover new tracking opportunities (e.g. new browser APIs) as well as industry trends (e.g. tracking prevention measures and cookieless tracking)
- Mentor your fellow engineers
Participate in team rituals
- Make architectural decisions
You’ll be great for this role if
- You are comfortable with Docker
- You have great communication skills
- You have excellent coaching and mentoring skills
It would be a plus if
- You’re experienced with Onsite Tracking Implementation (e.g. dataLayer design, integrating and debugging Google Analytics or other tracking services)
- You have solid infrastructure knowledge (Preferably AWS)
- You have experience with databases and ETL-processes
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities
- You’ll participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons
We believe in the everyday hero. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.