Who we are
As Senior Full Stack Engineer you’ll be working together with other engineers, product owners and product designers to deliver the most effective and well designed invoicing & accounting software in the world.
What you’ll do
- Work with product, design and other engineers improve the User Experience for our merchants
- Drive design and extension of our APIs, both for internal and external use (customers & partners)
- Improve our user interface and help deliver innovative customer facing features
- Develop integrations towards internal capabilities provided by other squads within payment & banking.
- Provide thoughtful and comprehensive documentation and testing for your features before shipping them
- Provide code review feedback to other software engineers, considering both style and implementation
- Help our team grow, coach and mentor other engineers to further develop their professional and interpersonal skills
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 5-7 years’ relevant experience in agile large scale ecosystems and first-hand experience in mentoring, ideally with expertise in invoicing and accounting.
- You have experience with microservices architecture, Restful API design, CI/CD and operating in a cloud environment, ideally Heroku.
- You strive for code quality, know how to create meaningful tests and care about usability, but also know how to be pragmatic.
- You’re an ambassador for communication and collaboration, embracing trust and respect to shape a healthy team and feedback culture.
- You're taking initiative to propose and pursue your ideas, are keen to experiment and have the perseverance to move initiatives forward.
- You’re fluent in English.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll have the opportunity to focus on a new product with worldwide reach to millions of customers in 50+ countries.
- We’re a highly autonomous team with plenty of opportunities for you to drive innovation at SumUp, develop your career and leave your mark. You’ll work with a state of the art software development process and a DNA geared on shipping great software products.
- We’re a truly global company & fast growing fintech company of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents and with offices in some of the liveliest cities across the globe.
- We have a dedicated annual budget for attending conferences and advancing your career through further education. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks.
- We dedicate time every other week for side-projects and open source initiatives.
- You’ll be part of a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for brunches, office events, AMA sessions, hackathons, training, English/Danish lessons or yoga classes, to name a few.
- We offer numerous other benefits, corporate pension scheme, relocation assistance, subsidised office lunches, and gorgeous places to work in the heart of Copenhagen or Kyiv.
- You’ll join up with a passionate and talented group of people working on a mission together in a relaxed and nice working environment
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.