Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleMission of the role
Deliver and manage high-quality website functionality that satisfies and delights Personio internal and external users using the marketing website.
Team setup and reporting lines
The Senior Senior Full Stack Developer is part of the Marketing team and reports to the Teamlead, Website. Weekly updates are given to discuss current challenges and everyday business topics. The Senior Full Stack Developer manages code reviews and mentors Frontend Engineer, QA Engineer and external developers.
Core Responsibilities and Expectations
- Ownership of web technology management
- New development of website using headless technology/JAMstack
- Helping to mentor, motivate and support a team of Web Developers.
- Provide code quality reviews of submitted code.
- Implement CI pipelines.
- Make sure technical offerings are fit for purpose, secure, scalable and performant.
- Foster a collaborative culture within a tiered development team.
- Integration of various API into web platforms such as forms, job board, webinars etc.
- Bug-fixing within new and existing applications.
- Ownership and resolution of support requests.
- Working with Digital Marketing, Graphics Design and UX Design to implement elegant user systems which are a delight to use.
What you need to succeedCompetencies and sought character traits
Strategic thinking & visioning - At Personios we believe in using the latest and greatest technology to get our work done, as part of that we are changing the technology landscape from the LAMP stack to JAMstack. We are looking for a forward thing developer looking to learn and introduce new tech that will help us support our customers and business goals.
Organization and planning - We are a fast-moving team, we expect website infrastructure to be robust, flexible and quick to deliver, to achieve this we are looking for an experienced developer who is able to strategically plan projects and organise development based on the business changes without losing quality or time.
Creativity & innovation - Using the latest technologies means, we won’t have all the solutions readily available to use, we welcome anyone who can think outside the box and bring innovative, creative and simple ideas to complex solutions.
Communication skills - With tight deadlines with support from external agencies, integration with third-party vendors we are looking for a developer who can communicate clearly and efficiently in a timely manner.
Teamwork - This role involves managing development teams, working with our external contractors and internal team. We are looking for an all-rounder team player who is able to bring all these teams together to deliver the project.
Ability to develop people - Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance, conduct code reviews and prepares them for future roles
Flexibility & adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Microservice based architecture
- Experience of version control systems (Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with REST/GraphQL
- Knowledge of React, Gatsby, Next.js or alike are considered beneficial
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, Algolia, Lunr & Flexsearch is considered beneficial
- Knowledge of Storybook or other Component Library solution is considered beneficial
- Experience of working with Netlify, Cloud services, Docker, Kubernetes or alike (desirable)
- Experience with Jira & Confluence or similar
- Proven experience in agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience of working with distributed teams
- CI/CD pipeline (Teamcity/Octopus deploy)
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- With PersonioFlex, decide for yourself where you work most effectively. For this, we offer you a flexible 50% in-office & 50% remote working framework. Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from home or anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area.
- Choose between two mobility options: Tax Commuter Loan and the Cycle to Work Scheme and receive a subsidy of 43.50€/month from Personio
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes)
- Enjoy training with Gympass with a subsidy of 30€/month from Personio
- Pension scheme with up to 5% matching contribution
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares