The Platform tribe’s mission is to enable the delivery of valuable experiences to our merchants. We do this by providing tools, systems and APIs that allow SumUppers to efficiently innovate, build and run our products and services at scale.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the Identity team, you’ll help us implement best-in-class authentication and authorization experiences.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of features in our login and signup experiences. For example, build the frontend for the multi-factor-authentication device enrollment feature in our Next.js application written in TypeScript.
- Contribute to our continuous integration and delivery pipelines for our frontend stack, including end-to-end tests, within GitHub Actions.
- Collaborate with product engineering teams by assisting them with the integration into our identity platform.
- Mentor your fellow engineers.
- Participate in team rituals.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You care about accessibility, performance, and progressive enhancement.
- You are comfortable with Docker.
- You know how to set up test automation for the software you write.
- You have great communication skills.
It would be a plus if
You have some backend experience with Node.js or Go. For example, you have worked with Express.js and understand basic concepts like middleware, request handlers, and routing.
- You have experience working with Kubernetes. For example, you know the difference between pods and containers and can modify an application’s deployment.
- You have experience with authentication and authorization, for example because you integrated an application with an OAuth2 server
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
- You’ll participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch.
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.