As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the Online Payments Tribe, you’ll be part of the team supporting SumUp’s Business growth by providing a scalable, secure and global Online Payments Platform which will facilitate all Card not Present (CNP) transactions - meeting the Online Payments needs of our customers and enabling them to grow
We use . We are rebuilding our platform using the latest technology and we want you to help us raise the bar and drive these changes
You will be
- building a secure drop-in (widget) solution for accepting payments online
- creating a front-end SDK for implementing custom payment experiences
- building hosted payment experiences
- creating solutions for engineers integrating with SumUp’s online payments offering
- working with your peers & colleagues, product managers and engineering managers to understand the challenge, to design a solution and deliver it.
- 5+ years experience in front-end engineering
- the ability to understand a bigger problem, design a solution, chunk into workable items and deliver
- experience with a modern Frontend stack (React, Webpack, Cypress) as well as VanillaJS
- Fluent English language skills, both spoken and written, and teh ability to articulate complex topics (great communication skills)
- worked with agile methodologies, CI / CD, and in Pair Programming
You would be great for this role if you have experience
- with handling sensitive data
- in technical leadership
- in building SDKs
- with payments’ APIs
You can expect
- a truly global team of 32000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- getting together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports.
- a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
- to participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch.
- to attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
- in Berlin: a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
in Sofia: 25 days’ paid leave, plus 1 additional day for each year of employment and you can take up to 10 days’ educational leave to expand your skill set.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.