As a Senior Frontend Developer at scoutbee you’ll be responsible for participating in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond, and then working as part of a team to execute new features or products. The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind, and loves to collaborate with other teams to drive the company forward.
We have two offices in Germany and you can choose to work from either Würzburg or Berlin.
Your role in our beehive
- Hands on coding to professionalise and speed up product development
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture, code reviews, refactoring, and standards.
- Contribute your skills in a cross functional team to continuously add value to our product.
- Take full ownership over the product and its lifecycle with your team.
- Think from the customers perspective.
- Provide mentorship and support to the other team members.
- Actively drive continuous engineering excellence.
Our tech stack
- Backend: Django, Python, Go
- Frontend: ReactJS, Html, CSS, Jest
- AI: Pytorch, FastText, Word2Vec, Doc2Vec, Transfer Learning, BI LSTM CRFs
- Deployment: AWS, Terraform, Docker (via ECS), Kubernetes
- Data Engineering: ELK, Kafka, Spark, Airflow
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions
What you bring to our beehive
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience working in a team environment, building production single-page applications with React.
- Extremely passionate about coding and in best case also have some private projects running
- In depth knowledge of modern React best practices like testing and code quality
- Understand both how to write tests and the value of automated testing; experience with front-end JS testing tools and a comprehensive understanding of UI testing techniques
- Experience working across the org with designers; good sense of design and usability
- Experience in mentoring junior developers
- Experience in frontend architecture design beyond feature development
- Passionate about delivering production code at a regular cadence using agile techniques, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English. German is a plus, but not necessary
- Last but not least, you are an excellent team player and thrive when faced with challenges
What's in it for you? #beehivelife
- Modern offices in Berlin and Würzburg with ergonomic, non-Ikea chairs
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of home-office
- A strong emphasis on a Positive Intercultural Environment and Diverse Culture (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion matters. To employees, leaders, and investors, which is why we actively invest in DE&I across the entire employee journey)
- An innovative and international working environment characterized by flat hierarchies, a great company spirit and an open feedback culture
- Excellent professional development opportunities through a generous educational budget and clear career levels
- Wellness budget (Urban Sports Club, Counselling through Better Health, company organized marathons)
- High end coffee, snacks, fruits, beers and sodas
- Supplement for daycare
- Language courses, custom to your level and lifestyle through Lingoda
- Virtual ESOP for all employees, because ownership at all levels matters
We'd love to hear from you!
scoutbee is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic background, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, socioeconomic background or any other area of being a human that creates a false sense of other.
At scoutbee we are on a mission to connect. Our employees focus on shared experiences to be a united team. Through this we have a more accurate view of the world, enabling us to innovate, challenge our own ideas and assumptions, and be ourselves at work.
scoutbee’s mission is to help the right purchasers and the right suppliers connect, anywhere in the world. scoutbee delivers procurement teams a smarter supplier discovery suite. Powered by AI and continuously curated data, scoutbee traces the supply chain of millions of suppliers to bring together supplier information with deep insights and a simple, digital process for strategic sourcing. Founded in 2015 by procurement, operations and engineering experts, scoutbee offers its strategic sourcing solution in Europe and in the US. scoutbee received global recognition in May 2019 at the World Procurement Awards with the “Highly Commended” award for technology. scoutbee has to date raised $76M in funding from investors including Atomico, Lakestar, Next47, Toba Capital, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures and 42CAP.