We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Engineering Manager to join our Data Solutions team in Berlin.
The Data Solutions team ensures the required level of usability of SumUp’s data. This enables internal stakeholders to make data informed decisions and offer their data driven services, while also meeting the expectations of external business partners and regulating authorities. The Senior Engineering Manager will have the opportunity to nurture their team and help SumUp improve our data capabilities across the whole organisation, which will ultimately deliver more value for our merchants all over the world.
What you’ll do
- Manage the current engineers and help to build the team further by hiring, coaching, mentoring, providing feedback and hands-on career development
- Drive and be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution
Facilitate cross-team buy in by collaborating with your peers in product, design, and operations to solve exciting and challenging problems
- Engage and improve our engineering culture by driving team strengthening activities
- Participate in hiring and onboarding of engineers by taking care of headcount planning, defining needed skills, interviewing, preparing onboarding plans for new hires
- You will be an active part of our leadership team, collaborating with other leaders in the organisation
- Partner with our Agile Coaches to drive systemic change with a strong focus on KPIs and metrics
You’ll be great for this position if you have
You have solid experience as Engineering Manager in a cross-functional team, structuring and driving engineering excellence
- You have a proven track record of developing and growing people who are on various levels
- Have the experience of navigating large or multi-national organisations
- Have previous experience developing (or leading teams who develop) large scale data infrastructure
- You use a servant leadership style
- You have proven success with driving engineering culture initiatives domain-wide and company-wide in an agile environment
- You know your way around headcount and budget planning
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
- You’ll participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch.
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
We believe in the everyday hero. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.