About the opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Employee Relations Lead to partner with the founders and executives in managing all employee representations. This is a new position at N26, and as such is an exciting high-growth opportunity. You will be able to have a strong impact, building the relationship with the recent newly founded German work councils and global employee representation committee right from the beginning.
You will be joining N26 to define the governance and communications strategy towards all employee representations, including the German work councils, and future global employee representatives. You will design the processes to ensure that the information flow to the works council and global employee representations is being managed in a compliant manner.
In addition to that, you will also be responsible for setting up the right processes to successfully implement and amend the global people guidelines, translating the employee relations strategy into policies, and processes to support the business in its operational delivery.
We are looking for a talented leader who will create synergy between leadership and our employee representations, and prepare N26 for the next phase of maturity. You will take ownership of deliverables, share your technical expertise within the team, and work across a broad cross-functional range of stakeholders to drive change.
If you are passionate about leading with ownership and are ready to roll up your sleeves, this could be the perfect role for you.
In this role, you will:
- Develop effective relationships with the business to support management, the Legal Team and the People Team
- Keep a clear overview of all current topics, projects and deadlines related to our local work councils in Germany and our global employee representation
- Be a trustworthy person of contact for both the executive leadership team and our work councils and employee representations globally
- Create a knowledge database for all documentations and social agreements with our work councils and employee representations globally
- Prepare information and consultation of works councils and employee representations globally to advice on business decisions
- Ensure that key stakeholders are informed about any relevant legal context
- Be proactive in finding solutions to adapt the business requirements to local regulations
- Support management, People and Legal teams with research on local social relations
- Monitor changes in labor law and advise on appropriate action to management and People team to be compliant
- Organise internal seminars on social relations for our local management and People Team
What you’ll need to be successful
- 5+ years of solid experience with German work councils
- Fluent in German and English
- Employment law background or legal degree would be a plus
- Experienced in organisational development and change management and you have a broad understanding of employee relations and social representation
- Proactive and comfortable in prioritizing tasks
- Flexibility, the ability to meet deadlines, and changing direction when needed
- Experienced in policy development from inception to implementation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to connect at all levels of an organisation and to influence others
- Very strong communication and the ability to express legal related topics in a clear, concise and pragmatic manner
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.