Our team of 90+ designers and user researchers is split into three departments covering User Experience Research, Product and Brand Design. All designers work embedded in product tribes, in market facing teams or as part of a Global Design team. We are building additional capabilities in areas including industrial design, motion design, data visualization, UX writing and design operations.
SumUp’s DesignOps team aims to continuously improve the way we communicate and work within Design, and with the rest of the organization. From team goal setting, to onboarding, to program development for design workshops and communications: this role will have a significant impact on Product Design's effectiveness and impact at SumUp.
As a Senior DesignOps Manager, you will work closely with the Head of Design Operations, as well as design leadership across the company to enable and empower designers to do their best work in a fast-scaling environment. You’ll be successful in this role by continually improving the quality, velocity, capabilities and culture of the design practice.
What you will do
- Act as a bridge between Design, Engineering, and Product Management teams, connecting all three groups and making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for.
- Supporting coordination between global platform experience design teams and marketing teams on select initiatives.
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, and asset management; drive required changes to make sure designers are working at optimum efficiency.
- Bridging the design, leadership, development and operational partners to create collaborative relationships and opportunities.
- Drive goal setting and design team OKR process, from creation to tracking to readouts
- Own planning and execution for team communications, design all-hands and workshops
- Establish clear and proactive communication at every level, maintaining effective relationships across the organization.
- Evangelize the value of Design throughout the org
- 7+ years of experience in Product Design, Design Operations or Design Program Management roles, with demonstrated impact
- You have sound understanding of the way of working in interdisciplinary product teams and the end-to-end design process in particular
- You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- You have excellent organisational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritise work
- You’re able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- You bring structure to chaos while keeping the overview and staying flexible
- Experience in setting-up and maintaining Atlassian Confluence and JIRA products
- You’re empathetic, enjoy being part of a team. You deeply care about teams and strive to help them excel
- You’re fluent in English
- Be part of a welcoming and international community of 3000+ people from over 50 nationalities across 12 global offices. We get together regularly for breakfast, brunches, cocktail nights and office parties
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to living and working in Berlin
- Budget for attending conferences and advancing your career. We encourage you to speak at conferences and give talks!
- BVG Corporate Ticket
- Regular knowledge sharing and discussion session for the whole design team
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Yoga classes
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.