Here at scoutbee, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our fast growing team of analytics experts in our Berlin office.
The ideal candidate will take over the responsibility to improve, invent and implement high-end machine learning models in the process of supplier scouting. As an experienced data scientist and data wrangler you are driven to make sense out of weakly structured data with novel and creative solutions. In this position, you will work in a cross-functional team with software developers, data analysts and data engineers on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data and results quality throughout ongoing projects.
Your role in our beehive
- Empower our customers to discover the best suppliers in the world and provide critical information to key decision makers in industry-leading companies like Audi and Bosch
- Develop models and implement them in production that extract detailed information from semi-structured data, e.g. web content. Or develop and implement entity resolution/ truth discovery models within our knowledge graph built-up process.
- Extend the impact of data on business decisions.
- Work in a cross-functional scrum team together with customer facing departments, other Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Backend Developers.
- Take ownership of data sources, its transformations, its models, and its use.
- Be part of our intelectual property creation in the core of scoutbee’s business
What you bring to our beehive
- At least 5 years of experience in a data science role with a focus on web-content, natural language processing (classifications, summarizations, translations, NER), recommendations, or knowledge-graph methods
- Strong analytical skills to working with structured and unstructured data
- Excellent knowledge of Python and its data science and deep learning libraries
- Good knowledge in Neo4j, Elasticsearch and PySpark
- Appreciation of working in an agile environment and optimally have experience with Scrum
- Excellent team player
- High curiosity in going where no-one has gone before (in code, methods, approaches)
- Proficiency in English
What's in it for you? #beehivelife
- Modern offices in Berlin and Würzburg with ergonomic, non-Ikea chairs
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of home-office
- A strong emphasis on a Positive Intercultural Environment and Diverse Culture (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion matters. To employees, leaders, and investors, which is why we actively invest in DE&I across the entire employee journey)
- An innovative and international working environment characterized by flat hierarchies, a great company spirit and an open feedback culture
- Excellent professional development opportunities through a generous educational budget and clear career levels
- Wellness budget (Urban Sports Club, Counselling through Better Health, company organized marathons)
- High end coffee, snacks, fruits, beers and sodas
- Supplement for daycare
- Language courses, custom to your level and lifestyle through Lingoda
- Virtual ESOP for all employees, because ownership at all levels matters
Are you super driven in Data Science, but your level of experience doesn't meet our requirements? Nevertheless, this job ad sounds super interesting for you - Please don't hesitate! For us, personality and cultural fit are more important than qualifications. We are aware that underestimation of one's own abilities and the imposter syndrome can be reasons why someone doesn't dare to apply.
We'd love to hear from you!
scoutbee is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic background, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
scoutbee’s mission is to help the right purchasers and the right suppliers connect, anywhere in the world. scoutbee delivers procurement teams a smarter supplier discovery suite. Powered by AI and continuously curated data, scoutbee traces the supply chain of millions of suppliers to bring together supplier information with deep insights and a simple, digital process for strategic sourcing. Founded in 2015 by procurement, operations and engineering experts, scoutbee offers its strategic sourcing solution in Europe and in the US. scoutbee received global recognition in May 2019 at the World Procurement Awards with the “Highly Commended” award for technology. scoutbee has to date raised $76M in funding from investors including Atomico, Lakestar, Next47, Toba Capital, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures and 42CAP.