As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll shape and build SumUp’s data platform which empowers the entire SumUp organisation to make data informed decisions. You’ll play an essential role in SumUp's data organisation. We have multiple product development teams in Berlin focusing on delivering a global data platform that supports SumUp’s data-driven mindset and helps millions of businesses to thrive.
What you’ll do
- Review and design current data lake
- Design and implement Data Inventory via Hive on AWS
- Enable observability of data pipelines and infrastructure
- Implement security measures for EMR clusters to run Spark apps
- Work closely with the stakeholders on data solutions
- Engage in knowledge sharing activities
- Contribute to the architecture of the Data Platform
- Assist in the hiring of new engineers for the team
You’ll be great for this position if you have:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering - it’s a plus if you came from backend development.
- You have solid AWS knowledge – applied Infrastructure as code concept in practise.
- You have proven working experience with Terraform, Packer and Vault.
- You have broad knowledge of Python.
- You’re familiar with development for Airflow.
- You have proven experience with CI/CD, monitoring and alerting.
- You have extensive experience with Hive or Impala.
- You have a DevOps mindset.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
- You’ll participate in weekly Lunch and Learn sessions, where ideas are shared and discussed over company-sponsored lunch.
- You’ll attend global offsites and/or hackathons.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.