sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Data Platform team in the Berlin office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Data Engineer you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like creating self service data pipeline capabilities for our data-driven teams and collaborate closely with product teams to optimize our data flows.
You’ll be collaborating closely with data-driven product teams, product and business analysts to develop and improve our products in the digital logistics business.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Enable stakeholders to develop and operate their own data products by providing them self-serve tools and platforms
- Shape the Data flows and architecture of our (micro)service architecture
- Work on a data governance framework to enable full data democratisation and generate insights from data at scale
- Develop tools and solutions which will enable our stakeholders to monitor and improve data quality and discover other data products
- Work in close collaboration with our Insights and DWH team to design and implement self-serve analytics and BI platform
- Grow the data competency across the company
- Automate away any boring repetitive task around data management
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- You have solid practical experience in building data pipelines and data services.
Pragmatic - you know when to make a cut for ongoing discussions and start working on deliverables
- A developer - most of your goals can be achieved by code committed to version control
- Communicative - you make your voice heard among the team and the wider tech organization and engage with our stakeholders to enable them and listen to their needs.
- Not afraid to ask, and support others to do the same - transparency about our abilities and decisions based on different opinions keeps us motivated and does not allow us to get stuck.
- You use technology as a means to an end. We currently use SQL, python, golang, bash, airflow, fivetran, snowflake, kafka (confluent), postgres, dbt, looker, aws, gitlab, terraform - we are open for any of your suggestions
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast growing, start-up-oriented international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.