Are you our next Senior Data Engineer? The Platform Data team’s focuses on building the technology and tools for other engineering teams within SumUp, to help the business move with speed ensure scalability to keep up with the ever-increasing demand for our products and services.
In summary; we are a flag bearer for quality, efficiency, and innovation across all of SumUp.
We are now looking for our latest Senior Data Engineer to join our CRM Data Sync team whose focus is to shape and build on SumUp's data accessibility. You'll join this team in Berlin, whilst maintaining the flexibility of hybrid working.
What you’ll do in this Senior Data Engineer role;
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organisation (Product Managers, Engineering Managers etc) to ensure scalable and reliable data pipelines
- Help define and shape the new data architecture for the Platform Tribe
- Work with your team to identify the best tools and processes for the requirements
- Engage in, and drive, knowledge sharing activities across the organisation
You’ll be great for this Senior Data Engineer role if;
- You have 5+ years experience (this can be a mix of Software and Data Engineering)
- You have excellent coding skills, preferably in Python
- You are experienced in writing complex SQL queries
- You have excellent knowledge of Airflow
- You have the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and multiple stakeholders across the business
- Able to adapt quickly to different teams and environments, with the ability to switch context quickly while maintaining productivity and effectiveness
We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll receive a personal L&D budget per year for attending conferences and external training of your choice!
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, an attractive pension matching scheme, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Berlin with a rooftop and BBQ!
- Your very own SumUp card reader and as a SumUp employee there are no fees to use it!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.