Our products are used by millions of merchants to process payments in over 33 countries worldwide. As we build a world where small businesses can be successful doing what they love, we’re continually expanding our range of products and services. These products and services, generate billions of events every day enabling huge improvement potential. To help us utilize this potential and solve future challenges, we are now seeking a Senior Data Ingestion Engineer in Berlin to join us on this journey.
As a Senior Data Ingestion Engineer on the Analytical Platform team, you'll shape and provide analytical data and analytical tools to empower data-driven SumUppers to create insights and enable data-driven decision-making in order to improve business performance. You'll focus on increasing source and data mart coverage, developing self-service analytical platforms, and improving data quality.
What you’ll do
- Work with business and technical users to define data ingestion efforts, and take ownership over technical implementations;
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to ensure scalable and reliable synchronization of data to the analytical platform;
- Maintain, monitor, and improve the analytical platform infrastructure and data pipelines;
- Adopt new technologies, mentor team members, share knowledge, onboard analysts to self-service data ingestion tools...
You’ll be great for this role if;
You know SQL and Python/Scala like the back of your hand
- You are experienced using AWS (Amazon Web Services) as your cloud provider
- You have experience building data pipelines with Airflow (or similar)
- You have experience with streaming tools such as Kafka or Spark
- You’re familiar with infrastructure as code (IaaC) tool such as Terraform or Ansible
- You have experience with CI/CD.
- You enjoy working with domain experts and engineers to solve problems and impact the landscape of SumUp's data platform.
We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact - we are growing fast and open to actively shaping our own future
- You’ll receive a personal L&D budget per year for attending conferences and external training of your choice!
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Berlin with a rooftop and BBQ!
- Your very own SumUp card reader and as a SumUp employee there are no fees to use it!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.