Our HQ is based in Berlin and we also have Tech Hubs in Spain, UK and Italy.
- You'll write pipelines to process data in stream and batch applications
- You'll refactor existing SQL logic in testable code
- You'll be communicating with stakeholders (ie analysts) and translating their requirements to technical specifications and vice versa
- You'll be part of a team modeling data in green field for a new Data Warehouse
- You’ll participate in the full development process, from design, to implementation and testing, to code reviews, to deployment and scaling
- You’ll propose, research and prototype state of the art technology, systems, tools and libraries
- You’ll mentor fellow teammates on algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and best practices.
- You’ll identify and document feature gaps, and design and implement solutions
- You'll contribute towards better data governance and observability
- You love to share knowledge and learnings with the team
- You have an eye for detail and you enjoy finding solutions to hard problems
- You have excellent communication skills and you are able to understand and translate business requirements
- You have an independent working style and are comfortable working in an international team
- Your SQL skills are excellent and you are proficient at one of the following programming languages: Python, Scala or Java
- Strong background in with (some of) big data technologies (AWS EMR, Presto, Spark, Hive/Glue, Kafka, Airflow)
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure platforms, especially AWS, as well as infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible), containerization (Kubernetes)
- Experience with ETL Tools is a plus
- Experience using Linux/Unix operating systems
MORE THAN A JOB
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture. Responding to the pandemic, we’ve successfully managed the crises and retained our talented crew! We are now poised for massive growth in 2021.
Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 75% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2025.
Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane