About the opportunity
We are seeking a pragmatic Data Engineer to simplify access to data within the company.
Our team builds data pipelines for a variety of use cases, and considers data engineering to be one of the most interesting areas where software engineering can be combined with challenging algorithmic problems.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the development of a highly scalable Data Warehouse and Data Lake at N26
- Work closely with data analysts/data scientists and other groups to support them with various tasks and implement new ETL pipelines
- Dive into the company's data to analyze it, find patterns and play around in other ways
What you need to be successful:
- At least 3 years of experience in Data Engineering or related fields
- Strong knowledge and experience with some distributed data processing technology such as Redshift or Spark
- Fluency in at least one programming language, preferably Python or a similar language
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Excited to work with modern technology, take chances, experiment and discover new and more efficient ways to get things done
- Language skills: English full professional proficiency
- Detective-level attention to detail and
- Self-discipline that others would love
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York, São Paulo and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.