Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAs a Senior Data Engineer/Data Architect at Personio you will have a crucial role at one of the fastest-growing B2B SaaS companies in Europe. In an emerging team you will build up a data platform from scratch, which ensures that we have the best environment to make fast data-driven decisions.
Therefore, we are aiming for a standardised multi-interface data platform that enables self-service delivery and end-to-end solutions for all data and BI-related use cases at Personio.
With your experience you will develop a short- and long-term strategy for the team to reach this goal in an iterative way by defining a generalised data integration and warehouse architecture with a strong focus on generating business value.
Thereby you will handle structured and unstructured data, build batch and streaming processes, enable business intelligence solutions and facilitate interactions between tools and processes of different departments.
Apart from that you are also willing to share your knowledge with your colleagues and act for them as a role model and respected sparring partner.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Build, improve and extend a scalable and cloud-based data platform in an iterative way
- Develop resilient and performant data architectures in order to make life easier for the internal key users of our data
- Shape a cloud-based stream and batch processing solution to integrate external data sources and APIs
- Provide tools and advice for data ingestion, processing and analysis to empower our teams in gaining valuable Insights
- Act as direct interface to our Product & Engineering and Infrastructure teams for all technical business intelligence topics
- Ensure high flexibility by implementing microservices in our architecture
- Ensure ways to enhance data quality and reliability
What you need to succeed
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong professional work experience with big data environment and in the cloud (e.g. hadoop, AWS, Azure, EMR) as well as with python, java or scala
- Deep understanding of approaches to data storage and different data architectures (RDMBS, NOSQL databases, OLAP), proficiency with SQL
- Experience in implementing event driven data pipelines, consuming data from streaming or event broadcast platforms (e.g. kinesis, amazon SNS, amazon SQS)
- Familiarity in data integration with complex software systems and microservice architectures
- Practice in clean code and test-driven development
- Knowledgeable about cloud infrastructure automation and management (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI)
- Ensuring long term strategic value of engineering solutions
- Living agile: Frequent development cycles, continuous delivery and DevOps
- Logical and analytical thinking in combination with a high degree of data quality
- Communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious and autonomous working and being a team player, guiding other Engineers in using best practices for solution delivery
- Fluency in English (Level C1/C2)
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- We got awesome teams from all over the world.
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth while growing yourself and others.
- Our career support and learning environment will enable you to explore our clear career path for Backend Engineers
- 1,500 Euro development budget, which you can use as you wish.
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths. Hierarchy and processes as much as necessary. But not more!
- Full responsibility for your area.
- Regular team events, e.g. raft trips on the Isar, ski trips, visits to the Oktoberfest and much more.
- Stylish and open office in the heart of Munich.
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- Relocation support, 28 paid vacation days and opportunity to work from home on a regular basis.