About usThe Urban Sports Club (USC) is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 2.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Data Analyst (f/m/d) to join and strengthen our team. The position is located in Berlin.
How you apply your skills
- You work together with the core BI team and uncover insights, and provide analysis to help shape business and strategy decisions, as well as mentor junior members of the team.
- You mentor and share your knowledge and skills with other Analysts, taking an active role in their professional development.
- You will have a business area that you specialize in and gain a deep understanding of.
- You generate data artifacts in the form of reports, dashboards and one-off analyses to support business decisions, and communicate findings to different audiences, such as C-level, other department leads etc.
- You share your knowledge and enable a cross-functional BI team that has a broad influence in the business.
- Your perform advanced data analysis such as forecasting, classification and regression.
- You are responsible for prioritizing your own work in alignment with the company vision and priorities.
- You are responsible for the data collection and correctness, KPIs and reports within your business area.
- You are an evangelist of data-driven decision-making!
What we use
- SQL - We use Postgres and Redshift
- REST API, JSON
- Data munging with Python or R
- Git for Source Control
What you need to succeed
- You are a learner and a tenacious problem solver.
- You have experience working as an analyst and have experience in one or more of: evaluating marketing campaigns, cohort analysis, retention, funnel analysis and A/B testing, or equivalent.
- You have strong Python or R skills
- You are very experienced in SQL
- You bring statistical skills and a knack for making easily comprehensible data visualizations.
- Experience working with a BI product like Metabase, Tableau, or Power BI for data visualization/reporting.
- Cross domain knowledge or interest in any of the other fields (marketing, CRM, product management, finance, partner management, sales, customer support) is a plus.
What's In It for You?
- An international team comprised of passionate, highly motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy what they do
- Flat hierarchies that offer a lot of self-responsibility, as well as opportunities for you to evolve and shape the company
- A lively, startup-typical working atmosphere in Berlin
- Real team play with a lot of fun together during work and regular team events
- Freedom to decide how you work to get things done around our core hours
- A free Urban Sports Club L-Membership