About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Senior Credit Risk Portfolio Manager to co-manage a multi-bill Euro fixed income portfolio. As our deposits and balance sheet continue to grow, you will originate investment ideas, leverage your market contacts for deals, and actively monitor the portfolio to continuously optimize our institutional investments across multiple fixed income asset classes.
In this role, you will:
- Co-manage a multi-billion Euro fixed income portfolio of the bank
- Perform risk assessments and prepare credit decision proposals for corporate, FI and structured investments for the treasury portfolio of the bank; exercise credit judgment; and make sound credit recommendations and/or decisions
- Perform pro-active and on-going credit monitoring and risk management on the client and portfolio level
- Ensure all internal credit policies and procedures are adhered to and help to develop or enhance such policies and procedures
- Ensure on-going compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conduct periodical and ad-hoc credit reports to be presented to the Management Board and ALCO
- Formulate and review the related approval policies and procedures to ensure compliance with in-house and statutory requirements
What you need to be successful:
- At least 5 years' experience in credit management
- Familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements of MaRisk and CRR
- Professional qualifications in CFA, CPA, PRMIA-PRM, and GARP-FRM preferred
- Good knowledge of general banking operations in the corporate banking industry and its related products and services
- Degree or above with major in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Law, or related disciplines
- Initiative, analytically-minded, and able to handle multiple tasks under a tight schedule
- Good communication and presentation skills with excellent command of English, German is a strong plus
- Proficient in computer applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Germany’s Top Startup Employers, named by LinkedIn three years in a row 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.