As part of the Marketing team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the voice of SumUp. We’re a cross-functional group working in the fields of Acquisition, Brand, CRM, Content, PR and Social Media. Together, we devise innovative strategies to grow SumUp’s brand, attract new customers and keep existing merchants excited about our products. Our Berlin-based team consists of 40+ people from 15 different countries. If you’re excited about empowering small business owners around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Content Manager for the German market you will be an advocate of the SumUp brand in the market by creating engaging and compelling content, together with our Content Manager for Germany. You’ll report to the Content Lead Market Teams and will:
- Work with the content and country team to set the vision for our content strategy in Germany and drive cohesive narratives across multiple platforms and touch points, together with our German Content Manager.
- Identify new content needs, and create an editorial calendar targeting our main audience, while testing initiatives across the different channels.
- Collaborate in the creation of fresh and compelling copy for all our marketing channels, including emails, blog, social media, performance marketing campaigns and website.
- Translate, localise and proofread English content into German.
- Ensure we present a consistent brand across our content.
- Monitor the content strategy of relevant competitors, stay on top of the latest industry trends and share them with the overall marketing team.
- Be the expert for the SumUp German market by understanding local content needs and developing local content ideas.
You’ll be great for this position if
- You have native-level German speaking and writing abilities.
- You have 6+ years’ proven track record of relevant experience in Content Marketing or Communications, with at least 2 years experience in managing direct reports.
- You have a good analytical understanding and are able to make content decisions based on data.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken) - you'll be part of a truly global company.
- You have an editor’s eye with the ability to craft engaging yet concise content.
- You have a hands-on mentality and pay close attention to detail.
Why you should join SumUp
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact irrespective of your job description.
- You'll have the space to drive your career and take ownership of projects.
- You’ll have the chance to work in a diverse and international team.
- You'll attend offsites and team events.
All the startup swag you’d expect: breakfast, team events, language classes, Urban Sports Club membership - and other little things that make our lives more enjoyable.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme and 28 days’ paid leave.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.