About the role
We’re looking for a self-motivated Senior Compliance Analyst. As part of the Business Partner Compliance Team, you’ll play a key role in shaping compliance culture in a fast-moving company. Your focus in this position will be to manage SumUp Card Reader equipment compliance arrangements, acting as the business point of contact for the Merchant Growth and Acquisition departments.
You’ll also have the opportunity to grow your career journey at SumUp by assisting the Compliance Manager with ad hoc tasks related to other SumUp products, such as payments, consumer payment products and cash advance.
What you’ll do
- Support business development and new product and market launch by providing guidance on compliance requirements and regulations
- Monitor the development of regulations to ensure advance awareness and preparatory tasks are undertaken early to implement foreseen changes and continue providing support and advice on all regulatory change to the business
- Serve as the on-site resource for regulatory and external body queries and responses, disseminating information throughout the Compliance Team and eliciting responses from business units
- Ensure relevant regulatory required compliance policies and procedures are kept up-to-date and that new procedures are implemented where necessary in the Hardware Tribe
- Create and produce relevant regulatory-related management information, including reports for senior management
- Ensure adequate training and understanding of regulatory requirements and implement additional training, policies and procedures as required
- Conduct internal investigations and enquiries and maintain logs
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and other stakeholders to ensure all requests and issues are addressed quickly and accurately
- Inform the Compliance Team and the other internal stakeholders of any regulatory and/or official external body-related issues that should be prioritised
- Participate in additional projects and assist with any other matters as directed by the EU Compliance and Governance Management Team
You’ll be great for this position if
- You have a good working knowledge of payment or card reader equipment compliance in the EU market.
- You may already be working at a consulting, audit or card reader firm in either a front or middle office environment and have good knowledge of the EU equipment compliance requirements.
- You have 3+ years of proven experience in the compliance field.
- You may have experiences gained from the payments or fintech or financial services industry.
- You’re either fluent or proficient in English at an advanced professional proficiency level (both spoken and written).
- You’re comfortable managing all compliance-related documentation, and drafting responses and communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- You also possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You may also be familiar with European regulations applicable to Emoney institutions, such as PSD2, Anti-money Laundering, Outsourcing, etc.
- You have a high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- You’re organised, analytical, pragmatic, solution-orientated and able to prioritise and execute projects in an ever-changing environment.
- You’re self-driven, detail-oriented and adept at time management.
- You have excellent technical skills.
- You’re willing to travel as required.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.