Tell the Klarna Story.
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, e commerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm in 2005 and today has more than 2,500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve over 80 million consumers, work together with 190,000 global brands and merchants and we process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Dragoneer, Sequoia Capital, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Visa, H&M, Permira and Bestseller group. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands such as; Nike, ASOS, H&M, IKEA, Sonos, Sephora, Topshop, Adidas, Zara, JD Sports and Spotify.
We are in rapid growth mode in the US and are looking for a bright and enthusiastic community manager to join our customer service team in the US. This is a unique role that sits within the customer service team but will work very closely with the US social lead and other cross-functional teams to establish strategies -- inclusive of customer service responses, crisis management, proactive community engagement, and audience-led customer insights.
Klarna is looking for an individual with extensive community management background. You will play a key role in supporting the marketing and customer service team’s mission of building and enhancing the Klarna brand in the US. The right person for this role has both the creativity and practical skills to not only manage customer concerns, but also be able to engage in brand-building dialogue with our audience. Prior experience managing social media platforms and at least five years' Customer Service experience are a must.
You enjoy a high pace environment, can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritize your work effectively, while taking personal ownership of hands-on delivery. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and basic typing and computer skills are essential to this role.
What you will do:
- Support operational needs of the customer service team
- Report into the U.S. CS Market Lead
- Be the service center point of escalation for social in the US
- Support the brand by being the voice across our social channels
- Handle customer concerns that come in via our social networks (channels include but are not limited to Facebook and Instagram)
- Research and resolve complaints from the root and ensure product, engineering and outsourced teams are all in the loop
- Assist with crisis management, reviews, and negative news communications using a defined brand voice
- Problem solving / live incidents
- Reporting / incident management
- Contribute conversation and sentiment reporting in weekly, monthly and ad-hoc/campaigns
- Cultivate a Klarna community on social media
- Build strong customer relationships through social media interaction to ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support
- Humanize the brand through meaningful real-time engagements
- Work closely with the Social Lead to develop playbooks to effectively train customer service representatives to better understand community management
- Develop community response copy and guidelines to align with regional customer service standards as well as brand voice and corporate communication positioning, optimizing customer retention and satisfaction
- Manage and respond to App store reviews and online consumer opinion sites
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +3500 people from 90 nationalities.