Job Ad: Senior Brand Marketing Manager Italy
As part of the Marketing team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the SumUp Brand. We’re a cross-functional group working in the fields of Acquisition, Brand, CRM, Content, PR and Social Media. Together, we devise innovative strategies to grow SumUp’s brand, attract new customers and keep existing merchants excited about our products. Our Berlin-based team consists of 40+ people from 15 different countries. If you’re excited about empowering small business owners around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Senior Brand Manager focusing on Italian Market. Italy is one of the most exciting markets for SumUp, with impressive growth opportunities and robust long-term expansion plans. As Senior Brand Marketing Manager for SumUp Italy, you will be responsible for establishing marketing plans that drive awareness and growth in the region.
Reporting to the Head of Brand and working collaboratively with Country Lead, Online Marketing, Design, Content, PR and Social Media experts you’ll devise innovative strategies to grow SumUp’s brand, attract new customers and keep existing merchants excited about our products.
What you’ll do
- Lead as a Brand Marketing Manager
- Lead as main strategic marketing resource for Italian team
- Develop a keen understanding of SumUp business, priorities, and products
- Analyze new product opportunities and strategize on launches in market
- Navigate conversations on both the strategic and tactical level with Country Growth team colleagues as well as Retail and Sales teams
- Own consumer messaging, brand strategy and creative to achieve business objectives
- Expert Brand Planner
- Dive deep into quantitative data around business, customer perceptions and behavior and translate it into clear, actionable insights.
- Articulate insights gleaned from social and conversational trends, artfully organizing information from observations and implications, to strategic recommendations
- Develop creative briefs that inspire clients and creative teams alike to come up with idea development and implementation
Find compelling narratives around our brand and customers that capture the attention and imaginations of internal stakeholders and external consumers.
- Cross-Functional Role
- Lead projects in a cross-functional environment
- Serve as the go-to marketing contact for the other teams including Retail, Sales, Product Marketing
- Serve as mentor and role-model to junior team members and cross-functional partners, even if don’t have a direct-reporting relationship
- Build reciprocal partnerships cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization
- Employ a strategic approach to process
- Italy knowledge & target market
- Payments landscape knowledge
- Competitive landscape -- deep understanding
- Media consumption and platform knowledge
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 6+ years’ experience in a B2B2C or B2C facing digital brand marketing role
- You possess strong skills in core areas of business and brand strategy, insights and research, media and communications planning
- You did marketing of fintech products (nice to have)
- You are exceptional in communicating both in written and verbal and strong emotional intelligence. Expert presentation skills in English and Italian, both written and verbal
- You are well-organized, proven self-starter; initiate, prioritize and drive projects from inception, development to execution and measurement
- You develop productive relationships with partners outside of the marketing team
- Ability to react quickly to new information, opinion and direction
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll take ownership, work with purpose and make an impact helping small merchants to dehastle their daily lives
- You'll have the space to drive your career and grow together with a passionate team.
- We facilitate your development by offering a training budget.
- You'll work with inspiring, open-minded colleagues from over 60 countries.
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin - one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
- All the startup swag you’d expect: breakfast, team events, language classes, Urban Sports Club membership - and other little things that make our lives more enjoyable.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme and 28 days’ paid leave.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you to ensure a smooth settling in Berlin.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.