We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business.
Every week small business owners across the world interact with millions of consumers using SumUp. Our team builds products that make these interactions easier, more engaging and more meaningful. We are looking for strong candidates that have interest in helping us get there and building great products along the way. If you feel like one of these people, our consumer mission is hiring for the position of Backend Developer (all levels). For Jr Developers the opportunity is available on-site only.
While we have offices in many European cities, this position is remote-friendly (European time zone). We are open to candidates who are looking for part or full time employment.
What you’ll do in this role
- You’ll shape the core services that power our consumer apps on a daily basis.
You'll work closely with the product and engineering team to design and implement solutions to problems that can adjust to our future requirements.
- You'll build services that are maintainable, usable, and reliable.
Embracing the DevOps model, you will test, deploy, monitor, maintain and refine the systems that you helped building. Previous DevOps experience is not required but it's a plus!
- You'll help us re-think problems we've solved before in a different way as requirements evolve and the services have to handle a growing user base.
You will fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You have a strong programming foundation and experience in a typed language.
You either have previous experience in Go, or are willing to learn it on the job. Previous (professional) Go experience is great, but not a must!
You strive for clean code, loosely coupled architectures and know how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You enjoy collaborative sessions on API design with product managers, mobile and backend engineers.
- You are not afraid to use Google or ask for help when something is beyond your grasp.
Why you should join SumUp
We’re a truly global team of 3000+ people from 80 nationalities, spread across 22 offices around the world.
You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in small and empowered cross-functional teams organised in flat hierarchies.
- We work in small batches with lightweight change approvals and continuous delivery. You’ll see the impact of what you build quickly.
We support you in your continuous learning with internal talks, courses and knowledge-sharing sessions, as well as a generous budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We invest heavily in our engineering culture: Expect transparency and candid feedback, high cooperation, blameless retros and postmortems, as well as a people-positive organisation that encourages knowledge-sharing and constant innovation from within.
- Hack Days: Every second Friday you’ll get the entire day to learn, explore and experiment, or work on side-projects.