About usWhat we do?
Solvemate is a tech company from Berlin that is making customer support fast, painless, and cost-effective. Our platform lets companies train a virtual agent to integrate on their site or in their app.
Customers interact with it through a series of quick multiple choice questions. With Solvemate, requests are solved in just twelve seconds on average. Thanks to machine learning, the virtual agent also gets smarter over time: By understanding common requests, it anticipates the correct response.
Support request are dealt with automatically, around the clock, and at scale—resulting in faster response times, happier customers, and much lower costs.
Why work with us?
First and foremost: The people. You are spending a lot of time with your peers. You should deeply align with our culture deck and understand why it is important that we have made it that explicit. We are truly working in an atmosphere of transparency, candour and teamwork mixed with some curiosity - all committed to achieve our long-term big hairy audacious goal.
In addition to working with great colleagues: You can shape the future of a product that makes both the service better for consumers and jobs better for service agents. Be part of our growth story. We’re onto something and would like to take you on the journey.
For sure, we also offer competitive pay, flexible working hours, team lunches and team events, offsites, and all the other cool amenities that a young high-tech company has to serve.
IntroAs a Senior Backend Engineer at Solvemate, you will be working cross-functional on our platform that connects machine learning and application development. You will make sure that we build scalable and reliable services and therefore shape the architecture of our system. Join us on our mission to enable meaningful conversations in customer service.
- Work cross-functionally on our distributed service architecture
- Scale our platform and bring it to the next level
- Evaluate, test and implement system approaches
- Work closely with other developer teams to support them in their decisions
- Have a positive impact on our engineering culture and encourage knowledge sharing
- Be communicative and open-minded (see our culture deck)
- Shape vision and roadmap of our product
Your qualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- You are a cultural fit: www.solvemate.com/culture
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive knowledge about backend development, multiprocessing, data modelling, service architectures and messaging systems
- Experience in building and scaling service-oriented architectures
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB)
- Experience with python development
- Experience with DevOps, application monitoring and platform orchestration
- Experience in a machine learning environment
- Experience as a speaker at meetups or conferences
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Solid foundation in algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Kubernetes
- Python, Typescript
- flask, fastapi, React, Angular
- Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Helm Charts
- GCP, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub, Memorystore, Cloud CDN
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Grafana, Stackdriver, OpenCensus