As a Backend Developer, you will be part of our security team. You will help us develop the services that power the Blacklane guest or chauffeur apps, work on improving our back-office system, or solve problems in the fields of payment, pricing, geolocation, flight tracking, internal security solutions and more.
- You will solve a variety of problems in ensuring security on our various products and services
- You will ensure good test coverage, write documentation when needed, engaging in code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- You will dedicate most of your time to improving the overall security, usability, and maintainability of the systems you're working on.
- You will dedicate part of your time to improve yourself and learn new things.
- You will be part of a motivated, open-minded, and friendly team determined to improve the security in the travel experience of our guests.
- You are proactive, curious, and a team player.
- You are experienced with development concepts and programming languages
- You're familiar with the HTTP protocol and have some experience with using and/or developing REST APIs.
- You have heard about the OWASP Top 10 and are interested in security topics
- You have experience with or want to learn more about GraphQL.
- You have experience in DevOps/DevSecOps technologies and have already worked with containerized environments
- You write code that is maintainable and performant. You are familiar with at least some of the challenges of distributed systems. You are not scared of working on an existing codebase.
- You have an interest in a variety of programming languages like Typescript, Go, Python, Ruby etc.
- You are fluent in English.
MORE THAN A JOB:
Blacklane is a scale-up started in 2011, founded by Jens Wohltorf and Frank Steuer who wanted to create the first global chauffeur service. We started by filling chauffeurs’ ‘empty leg’ journeys and have grown with our partners to over €100 million in annual revenue (pre-pandemic). Backed by Daimler and other investors in Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and the UAE, we’re now a trusted brand within corporate travel.
We believe in ethical business practices and have a strong company culture. Responding to the pandemic, we’ve successfully managed the crises and retained our talented crew! We are now poised for massive growth in 2021.
Our HQ is based in Berlin and we also have Tech Hubs in Spain, UK and Italy.
Continuous Learning: We believe that open and actionable feedback is the essential component of continuous development. Set your personal development plan and take an active role in our internal learning communities to progress your career.
Flexible Working: Even the most ambitious Blacklaner needs some time to unwind. Find out what works for you and your team with flexible working hours and home office days (working from home is the new normal).
Become Part of the Crew: Get to know your fellow Blacklaners through our regular team socials. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 350 people from 70 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us!
Employee Stock Options Plan: We want all Blacklaners to benefit from the company's success, so every employee gets virtual stock options.
Fair Remuneration: We’ve banded salary levels and matched them to the local costs of living, meaning you’re always paid fairly and you know that the rest of the crew is too.
Sustainability: We care for both people and the planet, having launched the mobility's industry first global carbon offset scheme in 2017. Blacklane has pledged to deliver 75% of its journeys in electric vehicles by 2025.
Equal Opportunity: We are committed to inclusion and diversity. A company is only as strong as its crew, so we developed a work environment that is inclusive, inspiring and open. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Upgrade your career with Blacklane