Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The real story for us begins by impacting people on a global scale every day. By simplifying and automating thousands of processes across human resource management, payroll and recruiting, we are impacting more than 200.000 people. And we’ve only just begun.
The Product Platform Tribe is on a mission to enable a better Personio by building out the platform strategy for Personio’s product. We are an enablement tribe and strive to create secure, reusable, scalable and extensible capabilities like task management, subscription management, access management, design system and much more. The work that we do enables other teams at Personio to do more by doing less and creates more consistent user experiences for our customers.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations, and we continue to grow in 2021. Join us and help shape the Product Platform Tribe journey for Personio!
- You will research, engineer and experiment with new ways to improve developer workflows and devops practices to reduce our Lead Time to Production and increase Deployment Frequency
- You will maintain and improve Personio’s dev environments and build infrastructure. Your scope will include everything from how services are developed and tested locally, to how they are built and integration-tested using our Gitlab CI/CD pipeline, to how they are rolled out, run and monitored in our production Kubernetes cluster.
- You will foster relationships and work closely with product teams to support them in the migration of our monolith to microservices architecture, understand their challenges and propose result-oriented solutions to improve their productivity.
- You will also spend time teaching engineers (especially new joiners) how to use our tools, whether by giving internal talks, organising internal onboarding workshops or writing documentation and tutorials.
How we work
- We are transforming our PHP application into Golang and Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company, so our teams are organized in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work in the Tech Platform, alongside other Backend/DevOps Engineer, SRE, Security Engineers and QA Engineers
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeedWhat skills you should bring:
- Over 5 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable applications, tools or distributed systems. You understand the needs of software engineers working in product teams, you’ve been in their shoes, and can empathize with them. You want to help your fellow engineers to achieve maximum efficiency.
- You have a strong expertise with at least one of our tech stacks: Java/Kotlin (JVM, Gradle, SpringBoot), PHP (Laravel) or Golang. In particular, you’re comfortable with the intricacies of their build ecosystems (build tools, tasks runners, etc.) and you understand how to monitor and manage them in a containerised production environment.
- You have a deep understanding and an interest for DevOps tools and technologies such as: Kubernetes, AWS, Sentry, DataDog, Docker, Git/Gitlab, Flagger, and Linkerd, as well as deployment automation (CI/CD pipelines, blue/green and canary deployments).
- You’re comfortable writing, documenting and distributing robust and delightful scripts, CLI tools and plugins for developers (we mostly use Golang and Python for that).
- You’re interested in development processes and practices (merge requests, approvals, trunk-based vs branch-based development, etc), and are eager to optimise them.
- You want to work with a very technical team on developer-facing tools and services, and you like writing great technical documentation and useful tutorials.
- You love data driven decision-making and the metrics of Developer Experience - Lead Time and Deployment Frequency.
- You have an excellent written and spoken English (level C1/C2 on the CEFR scale)
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it” so bring your agile mindset to the table!
- You embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
- Finally, you have a good sense of humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes, and bring your good vibes!
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
You can find more information and impressions here: Kununu or Glassdoor
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- With PersonioFlex, decide for yourself where you work most effectively. For this, we offer you a flexible 50% in-office & 50% remote working framework. Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from home or anywhere within the UK or European Economic Area.
- Comprehensive healthcare scheme covered for each permanent employee (excl. taxes).
- Discounts across a range of brands so you can save money while shopping at Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, Dia, etc.
- Enjoy workout trainings with Gympass with a subsidy of 30€/month from Personio
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Other benefits constantly being updated and added for each of our 5 Personio locations (Munich, Madrid, Dublin, Amsterdam, London)
Personio is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race or being a member of the traveller community.