Enabling Better Organizations.Personio ist ein schnell wachsendes und in München gegründetes HR SaaS Start-up. Es bietet eine ganzheitliche Softwarelösung für die Bereiche im HR und Bewerbermanagement, die insbesondere für Unternehmen mit einer Größe von 10 bis 1000 Angestellten konzipiert wurde. Schon heute spielt Personio eine entscheidende Rolle, den alltäglichen operativen Betrieb von mehr als 700 HR Teams effizienter und transparenter zu gestalten. Wir sind ein mit viel Spaß agierendes internationales Team, dessen Ziel es ist die führende HR Plattform in Europa aufzubauen.
BeschreibungAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our team as a Senior Backend Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System
Specific tasks of the Senior Backend Engineer at Personio:
How we work:
- You will identify, document, and communicate technical improvements within the team domain
- You will contribute to the creation of internal team engineering standards
- You will coach and onboard junior and professional team members
- You will drive small- to medium-sized cross-team engineering initiatives
- You will participate in functional case interviews
- You will present new features of our product at internal events
- We are transforming our PHP application into Go and Kotlin microservices!
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
Dein ProfilWhat skills you should bring:
What motivation and mentality you should bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience using either Kotlin, Scala, Java or .NET
- Experience using Spring Boot in a microservice environment
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with event driven architectures, domain driven design and eventual consistency
- Knowledge about resilience patterns
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred)
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
- Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes and bring your good vibes.
- We got awesome teams from all over the world.
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth while growing yourself and others.
- Our career support and learning environment will enable you to explore our clear career path for Backend Engineers
- 1,500 Euro development budget, which you can use as you wish.
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths. Hierarchy and processes as much as necessary. But not more!
- Full responsibility for your area.
- Regular team events, e.g. raft trips on the Isar, ski trips, visits to the Oktoberfest and much more.
- Stylish and open office in the heart of Munich.
- Lightning-fast electric scooter of your choice as a "company car" (www.unumotors.com) or additional payment for MVV commute ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- Relocation support, 28 paid vacation days and 3 days of home office per month.